Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Staff Mods for Strategic Thrust are not working correctly - Images

I wanted to follow up with a bug report I shared in game.

There are mods that are not working for the staff skill, Strategic Thrust. The mods in question are:

Strategic Thrust deals 54% Damage, plus 40% more damage if the target is vulnerable

and

If strategic thrust is used on a vulnerable target, it deals 99 damage and restores 70 health to you

As you can see in the screen shot, the paper damage listed for strategic thrust is 1620 with my build. When used on Ursula (who has no armor) the damage dealt is exactly that, 1620, when she is NOT vulnerable.

When using the same skill with the same loadout on a vulnerable Ursula, the damage dealt is 2202. The inherent bonus damage to a vulnerable target with Strategic thrust lists as 384. When added to the base damage of 1620, you would get 2004. This lets us know that the two bonus mods of 99 damage are being applied when used on a vulnerable target, to reach the dealt damage number of 2202.

The bonus damage of 40% to vulnerable targets is not being applied. It is unclear if the 40% damage is supposed to be added to the NON-vulnerable damage of 1620, or the extra vulnerable damage of 384. In either case, the bonus is not being applied.

Notable to the +99 damage and restores 70 health mod, I made sure to damage myself with fuel oil to show that the healing is NOT being applied when using the skill on a vulnerable target.

Let me know if you need more information, as I’ve been digging deep into this build.

I have noted more inconsistencies with vulnerable target bonus damage. When using other skills that give a bonus to vulnerable targets, I am unclear about how the bonus damage is applied from Mods. If the skill lists a bonus damage, is it applied only to the base damage, only to the vulnerable damage, or both? Perhaps rewording of the Mods would make this more clear.

Also, I was wondering if there is a difference between a mod that says “Staff BASE damage +23%” and a mod that reads “Strategic thrust deals +54% damage”

I am under the impression that both only add a % bonus to the BASE damage of the skill, and is not a cumulative effect, meaning the more mods, the bigger the bonus. When I ran these mod numbers based off the skill damage and bonuses, I reached a higher number than the in game amount when I finally got all my mods rolled for Strategic Thrust.

This is not a complaint, as I’m guessing the damage calculations are as intended, however the wording of them is misleading in this instance.

Last edited by ProfessorCat; 04-02-2018 at 09:56 AM.

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the bug reports!

The mods that boost or multiply an ability's damage are calculated first -- deltas are added first, then multipliers are applied. So if an ability deals 100 damage and you have a +100 mod and a +25% mod, it'd do (100+100)*1.25 = 250 damage.

Multipliers on a skill's "base damage" are calculated separately from other mods -- they don't stack. So in the example above, if you had a third mod that added +20% base damage, that mod would add +20. And it will always add +20 regardless of other mods.

Thread Footer