Quote Originally Posted by fellentier View Post
I didn't make this post to boast, I kept all of that out because i'm not trying to describe a way to make money. I made this post to HELP MAKE THE GAME BETTER. That's why there aren't charts and analysis of why you can make l33t cash here. I just, simply, want to make the game a better game. I don't feel compelled to explain in absolute analysis why I did the way I did and how much I made, because I honestly don't want to make that public, I want to see this game become better withotu everyone rushing to abuse the latest mechanic. So please, forgive me of what you consider " 130,000 councils/hour is simply hyperbolic" but I have found out how to achieve this, but I won't be sharing it. Not because I want it for myself, but because I want the problem fixed.
I kind of disagree with that. If you are stating that something is overpowered because it makes too much money, then I want to see how much money it makes how in what amount of time with what requirements, so I can compare it to other money making options. Looking at sudostaph's numbers, he gives about 60K hour for skinning only which is considerably better than the next highest money per hour of 37.5K for looting. So, if you are saying you are making 70K an hour on the panthers excluding skins, then that seems to be more overpowered than the skinning.

I can understand not wanting to share something if you consider it to be an exploit, but I'd suggest at least putting in a bug report to let the devs know, so that someone will have the actual numbers. Also, imo, the nice thing about pretty much any money-making method in the game is that the more people do it, the less profitable it becomes. If we suddenly have 10 people camping those panthers, profits for panther farming will drop drastically.

I'm not sure about the value of skins. I make my money off leatherworking which feels a bit too fast and easy, so if the value of skins would drop, the lw work orders would drop in price, and I'd see a bit less of a profit. Which may not be a bad thing, but I'm still kind of unsure how other money-making schemes compare. I don't want to feel that I have to skip leatherworking and farm mobs instead because that is going to be 3-4 times more profitable... ( I still haven't made it through the initial post because I'm stuck on the concept that anyone would want to farm panthers for hours. I'd probably fall asleep 6 minutes into that.)