Quote Originally Posted by sudostahp View Post
I'm adamantly against any changes that restrict player freedoms. That includes restrictions on hunting areas and play styles, and I still feel that loot locking has done more damage to the community than it has benefited the community through balance. Project Gorgon is a sandbox in a sea of themepark MMOs, and the more that design aspect gets watered-down, the further it floats into a sea of mediocre competitors where it just gets lost. I wanted to get that out of the way up front, because I'm the first to admit that I'm heavily biased.

but doesn't take into account the time to craft the rolls.

1: Restrict player freedoms? If you look at your own supplied information even a camped panthers is on par with the low end money making strategies. This implies that player freedom is how you do panthers and not your freedom to pick other options.

2: time to craft the rolls? Compared to carding cotton and for context I often use up 3.5 hours on my Flower Arranging buff to card a batch of cotton, where as with Rolls you can simply mash the craft button.

3: it also does not take into account the massive work to make cotton “Profitable?” such as getting the gardening investment, learning Flower Arranging, getting the seeds, leveling Nature Appreciation etc.

4: Given the state of the economy it is not wrong to say that the players who do panthers are able to toss out cash with no regard to its effect on the market, in an effort to power level any and all other aspects leaving the non-panther players to scramble for the scraps from the panther table.

Conclusion: As a gardening/tailor I knew I was taking the low end of the making money strategy and I was ok with that. I told myself and others that it was removing as much RNG as possible, and removing the possibility that panthers would be camped etc.

Now? I regret my choice to some extent after having seen the numbers laid out in such a manner. When I consider all the work I put in to “make money?” and look at the panthers even a worst case situation, not to mention the fringe benefits of making money by combat, I cant help but feel mislead. A lot of MMO have a “crafting” aspect, its usually just there, part of my draw to PG was the idea that crafting has a purpose and point but more so could compete with the combat enthusiasts as it stands I do not see that.

For a setup+time investment panthers simply dominate and with that massive cash flow the fastest way to do any other skill is, do panthers throw cash at your problem.