Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rough ETA On Full Release?

Played this years ago - it seemed pretty awesome, it was just clearly early in development and relatively bare.

I was just wondering since this has been in "early access" and "alpha" for years and years and years now, how far from completion it would be considered, roughly. I'm not wanting to hurry the development along at all, again just wondering how far from its intended completion it is - however long that is.

I'd like to jump back in, it looks like some awesome stuff has been done to the game, but it's not going to happen at that price point for "early access"

I must also say though, that it's interesting that for an old school game created by just a couple, still in "early access" it's interesting to see the review verdict on Steam being "very positive" that's kinda rare.

Good stuff.

Cheers!

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your interest. While the team is founded by a husband and wife team, our team consist of several individuals. Still, we are indeed a small team.

As for a release date, we don't have anything to announce at this time. We will be sure to make an announcement once we have a release date to share.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No rough ballpark?

It's kinda getting there so maybe in the next year or 2?

It needs much more still so maybe 3 or 4 years?

God knows, there is still a ton intended so not for the foreseeable future?

Odd that you don't have a rough idea of just how far through development you guys are, especially after 5 or so years :P

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The game just moved to Beta and steam release a month ago.

If you read the blog, you get a rough idea of a path.

I'm sure they know where they are, what they want to do, and could make a wild ass guess about a timeline....and then players would want to know about "a refined timeline" a better guess, more info.....

They are focused on the work to improve the game. It will be ready when it's ready Making guesses just means everyone holds them to those statements down the road or wants a better guess now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't help but be confused about how an online game should ever be finished? There's a ton to do right now, but if a wipe scares you and you want an arbitrary 'release', I think it's planned for a year.
    Last edited by RogueChoi; 04-05-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueChoi View Post
    I couldn't help but be confused about how an online game should ever be finished? There's a ton to do right now, but if a wipe scares you and you want an arbitrary 'release', I think it's planned for a year.
    A wipe will be necessary. But, as they stated, it won't affect your skill levels.

Thread Footer