Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: linux
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

linux

the game store page says it supports linux, but wont install on linux through steam.

how do i download the game on a linux machine.

(just bought this morning)

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    It's installed in the usual way, through Steam. What error are you seeing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    says unsupported platform

perhaps the distro i'm using? but haven't had issue with other games that use linux. (linux mint)
    Last edited by SneakZ; 03-29-2018 at 05:14 AM.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Because we use the Unity engine, we can only support what it supports. Officially, I believe that means we can only officially support Ubuntu (and that's what we test against here). But I know other distros have been used by other players successfully. Hopefully someone who uses a different distro can comment here...

Where does the error message appear? Is it showing up within Steam before you download it, or is it showing up after you've downloaded the game and try to play it?

Oh, it's not a 32-bit version of the OS, is it? We need a 64-bit OS.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    32-bit is the only explanation I can come up with that makes sense to me. I use Manjaro Linux, so I'm unfortunately running a different flavor too, but the only time I've seen an "unsupported platform" message on Steam was when I tried to install a Windows-only game that I own for some reason. I don't think there is really a meaningful way for Steam to determine which Linux distribution someone is running - it should be either Linux (32 or 64 bit) or not.

I'm using a distribution that is not officially supported by Steam but generally it works just fine. I've had at least one Steam game not run after I installed it, but I didn't get a Steam unsupported error in that case; it just did not run. When I finally got it to start in a terminal window, I had some library errors that were causing the game to crash, so I updated the libraries and everything was fine.

We've definitely had people running Project Gorgon under Mint with the alpha launcher.

@SneakZ - if you are positive you are using a 64-bit OS, can you confirm that you are first launching Steam, and then right-clicking Project Gorgon in your installed games list and clicking Install, and that's when you get the "unsupported platform" message?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i am running the game thru Steam on Arch Linux, I am guessing that you are missing some 32-bit libraries the game depends on. Check w/ your distro on how to enable them on your package manager and then do an update to grab them.

Thread Footer