Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

14 July patch vs Linux...

..... and the winner is not me

Linux Mint 18.2
    Python 3.5 with TK interface

Launcher patched to version 285.

Click Launch Game

Switches to full screen. All black no Project Gorgon logo. Sits for a couple of minutes and closes.

From terminal:

username@computer ~ $ cd Games
    username@computer ~/Games $ cd Gorgon
    username@computer ~/Games/Gorgon $ ./project-gorgon
    Found path: /home/username/.local/share/../games/project-gorgon/LinuxPlayer/ProjectGorgon
    Mono path[0] = '/home/username/.local/share/../games/project-gorgon/LinuxPlayer/ProjectGorgon_Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = '/home/username/.local/share/../games/project-gorgon/LinuxPlayer/ProjectGorgon_Data/Mono'
    Mono config path = '/home/username/.local/share/../games/project-gorgon/LinuxPlayer/ProjectGorgon_Data/Mono/etc'
    Preloaded 'ScreenSelector.so'
    Preloaded 'libCSteamworks.so'
    Preloaded 'libsteam_api.so'
    Player data archive not found at `/home/username/.local/share/../games/project-gorgon/LinuxPlayer/ProjectGorgon_Data/data.unity3d`, using local filesystem
    Run up launcher again. Click Validate Game Data. All appears to check out. No new files downloaded. Problem still exists.

Problem number 1: The default install stores the Project Gorgon files in /home/username/.local/games/project-gorgon/LinuxPlayer/ProjectGorgon_Data

Aha, you say: copy /home/username/.local/games and sub-folders to /home/username/.local/share/games. BZZZZZZT wrong!

So problem number 2a: /home/username/.local/gamesproject-gorgon/LinuxPlayer/ProjectGorgon_Data/data.unity3d does not exist

Problem 2b data.unity3d does not exist in any folder under /home/username/

Problem 2c data.unity3d does not exist anywhere in the file system

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For what it's worth, I've been seeing the same "Player data archive not found" message as NeverTooOld. However, my game looks like it is starting but that my monitor is maybe a quarter of the size of what it's expecting. I can see a black screen with the Project Gorgon logo in the corner, but it looks like the actual login prompt is somewhere offscreen for me.

I shut down the game with Ctrl-C, so I'm uncertain whether it would have closed on its own.

I don't know if this is actually a problem with the launcher or maybe with the game itself. I haven't had the time to do any serious troubleshooting.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am experiencing the same problem. Black screen upon starting the game from terminal with the same error output.

The log file contains some interesting errors.

(EDIT)
    Sent in the log file, hopefully it is a quick and easy fix.
    Last edited by SausageJavelins; 07-17-2017 at 12:50 PM.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For me, the problem was simply that the login screen will not display correctly in full screen mode. I renamed my preferences file ( ~/.config/unity3d/Elder Game/Project Gorgon/GorgonConfig.txt ) to something else, PG created a new preferences file for me when I launched and it defaulted to windowed mode which shows the login screen fine for me. I'm still seeing the same error message about "Player data archive not found" but it appears to be harmless.

Once inside the game, I was able to switch to full screen mode and it worked. Interestingly enough, when I chose "Logout" in the game, it displayed the login screen fine full screen, but when I exited the game completely and restarted it went back to my previous display problem.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 07-17-2017 at 07:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Confirming that renaming ~/.config/unity3d/Elder Game/Project Gorgon/GorgonConfig.txt allowed the login screen to render correctly and I could reset to full screen once logged in.

I have not put all windows back where I had them and have missed a couple of options. A compare of the renamed file and the newly saved preferences shows that the significant difference is the following text is absent in the newly created file:

i Tip_KickStarter2015_1 0 1
    However, I cannot duplicate the return of the issue from Quit Game. That is, I exited the game with Quit Game and was able to login again without issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As an exercise in expected masochism, I swapped the new ~/.config/unity3d/Elder Game/Project Gorgon/GorgonConfig.txt with the backed up file ie. restored the previously broken situation.

I expected a black screen. Instead, the login screen rendered correctly and allowed me to login.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, this makes no sense whatsoever. Today, before logging in, I tried the following:

- Moved my old config file back as the preference file and changed the single line "PrefsFullScreen 0 1" to "PrefsFullScreen 0 0". That displayed the login screen fine in windowed mode.

- I then quit the game and edited the line back to say "PrefsFullScreen 0 1". And that displayed the login screen fine in fullscreen mode.

I have no idea why that would work but I guess I'm just going to go play...

Edit:
    I just repeated this process on my second computer. On that computer, I confirmed first that I still got the broken login screen when I tried to log in initially today. The only difference between my initial non-working pref file and the current pref file is the last login time.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 07-18-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    @shardragon This week Citan will upload the new ingame GUI for use with the windows launcher. Is it possible to update the launcher to make this a feature we can use as well? I believe it is the most recent blog post that says you will have to choose to use the new GUI in its testing phase in order to enable it. It will be an option to choose from the launcher.

https://forum.projectgorgon.com/entr...w-UI-Is-Coming!
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes, no problem shar! Original post info updated and thanks for yours and @Citan 's help!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Here's my error with the new pglauncher file:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Thread Footer