Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it possible that the compression format got changed by the new patch server?

I may be looking at the totally wrong thing, but I poked around a bit, and I think the problem might be coming from line 400 in patcher.py:
    decompressor = zlib.decompressobj(zlib.MAX_WBITS|32)

That's even commented as:
    #NOTE : Without the `winsize` parameter set to `zlib.MAX_WBITS` decompression will fail with an error:
    # zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing data: incorrect header check
    #NOTE : Without bitwise adding 32 to the `winsize` parameter decompression will fail with an error:
    # zlib.error: Error -3 while decompressing data: invalid distance too far back
    # More information about options: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1838699

I played around with different parameters to decompressobj a bit but didn't come up with anything useful. Since the current options are supposed to auto-detect the header, maybe the format got changed to something other than zlib or gzip? Although it seems that would have required a change to the Windows client too...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    There's an open issue now here regarding this problem. I'm sure Shardragon will be able to get to it fairly soon.

In the meantime, running through Wine is possible, as long as directx11 is disabled in the wine config.
    energy derives from both the plus and negative

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shardragon View Post
    Thanks for contacting me through the bug tracker! Now I'm subscribed to this thread as well!

As I mentioned in http://forum.projectgorgon.com/showt...=1666#post1666 this is probably a server issue unfortunately and there's not a lot I can do about it. Please watch that channel or the GitLab issue if you're interested in the current progress on resolving this. I'll report back once the status on this changes.

I posted a patch here: http://forum.projectgorgon.com/showt...ull=1#post1718

Simple change. Please make appropriate changes to the distro. And thanks for creating the Linux port!!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for still maintaining this, shardragon!!! I downloaded the new launcher and was able to patch and play.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much, I'm back on Linux thanks to this update.

Quote Originally Posted by shardragon View Post
    You can download the latest version here
    Thanks, that's working, or at least i'm downloading, didn't try to play yet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    UnicodeEncodeError: 'ascii' codec can't encode characters in position 19-208: ordinal not in range(128)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi guys, just wondering where the files are downloaded and installed to, having trouble finding them, and the launcher redownloads all the files every time I uses it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFiWiFi View Post
    Hi guys, just wondering where the files are downloaded and installed to, having trouble finding them, and the launcher redownloads all the files every time I uses it.
    I guess this would depend on your operating system and settings. My system prompted me for a download location for the launcher, and again when i ran the launcher it asked me for an installation directory for the files.

Perhaps try doing a file search. For example on my Windows system, the launcher is called ProjectGorgonLauncherWin.exe and the client executable (don't actually execute this manually though, always run the launcher) is called WindowsPlayer.exe

Hope that helped a little.

Edit: I guess i should have looked at the thread title before posting...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HiFiWiFi View Post
    On my Manjaro install the files are in ~/.local/games/project-gorgon

Cannot answer why the launcher is redownloading.

Thread Footer