Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I bought the game at the Gorgon store and nothing.....

I bought the $100 package at the Gorgon store and haven't received a key and the download section of the store doesn't show anything available for me to download. My order does show up as completed, my credit card was charged, and my email is correct. I've already sent them two messages directly through the support link in the store and have received no response. Can anyone here from Project Gorgon help me?

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Shop purchases are being processed manually right now, and it takes a couple of days to get the email sent out. (We're backlogged with various other support issues.)

I'm sorry for the delay. In the mean time you can continue to use the alpha client -- we'll make sure everyone has their keys before we turn the alpha client off this weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Shop purchases are being processed manually right now, and it takes a couple of days to get the email sent out. (We're backlogged with various other support issues.)

I'm sorry for the delay. In the mean time you can continue to use the alpha client -- we'll make sure everyone has their keys before we turn the alpha client off this weekend.
    So, let me get this straight.

If I would have been smart enough to pay $39 through Steam I could play right now. But, because I was stupid and decided to actually support the game by buying a Patron Package for $100, I cannot access the game for several days?

Is that correct? And if so, how do I go about getting a refund?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, how exactly is the "alpha client" accessed/downloaded? There is no option to do that through the website and in order to get to the download page on Steam you have to purchase the game for $39.99.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The alpha launchers are still fully functional right now and you can play using them. As Citan said above, they will make sure everyone will get their Steam keys before removing the alpha launcher access.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerol View Post
    So, let me get this straight.

If I would have been smart enough to pay $39 through Steam I could play right now. But, because I was stupid and decided to actually support the game by buying a Patron Package for $100, I cannot access the game for several days?

Is that correct? And if so, how do I go about getting a refund?
    Whoa, turn it down a notch buddy. As the original poster and the fact that it's my $100, I'm fine with Citan's answer. I'll wait a couple extra days no problem and understand perfectly that there are growing pains associated with this process.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by escu View Post
    Whoa, turn it down a notch buddy. As the original poster and the fact that it's my $100, I'm fine with Citan's answer. I'll wait a couple extra days no problem and understand perfectly that there are growing pains associated with this process.
    You're right, of course.

But it's frustrating when you are excited to play a game recommended by friends, purchase a patron package to play that game, and then discover -- only by scanning through the game's forums --that the product you purchased doesn't come with the same immediate access granted to people that spent $60 less on Steam. I think that's bad business, but as you said, it's not a game-breaker.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerol View Post
    that the product you purchased doesn't come with the same immediate access granted...
    You asked for the special processing. If you ordered a physical copy with a key you'd still have to wait, too.

Steam is about immediate gratification ^-^;

Thank you for supporting the game!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post

I'm in the same boat, I bought the paragon package a few days ago and still don't have access. I found the .exe to download the Alpha Client, but it doesn't ever download anything.......

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #10
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We're in a transition here, and the shop -- along with the game -- is in a confusing place. I'm sorry for the delays. But you absolutely can play now via the alpha launcher.

https://projectgorgon.com/downloads/...auncherWin.zip

We expected the deluxe purchases to be picked up by existing or returning players -- in other words, players who already had an alpha client. So waiting a few days isn't expected to be a huge burden, because you can still play, and none of the special-package features are live yet anyway. I really appreciate the purchases of people who hadn't played before now, though, and I see where it breaks down for you: you don't have the alpha version because we just rolled out a brand new front-page site which doesn't have the link anymore (since the alpha version will be going away in a couple of days).

By using the link I posted above, you can play via the alpha launcher through this weekend, and if you haven't gotten your code yet, please use this to play now! (You will be able to transition your alpha account to Steam painlessly via an in-game screen once you get your Steam key.)

As to the shop -- it isn't automated because it was designed to do a one-time-email burst. When the game became available on Steam, we burst-emailed everyone who'd bought a special package. But before we took the shop offline we kept getting a few more straggling purchases -- and still do -- so we're doing new mini-email-bursts every few days to process them.

It's obviously not ideal, and not sustainable, but the store is literally going away in a few days... so there's not much we can do with it at this point that wouldn't just be more work and more chaos during these last four days of its existence.

(And if we have another "shop" site in the future, which is up for debate, we'll definitely fully automate it! Because this sucks for everyone involved.)

I appreciate your patience, and I'm sorry for the lack of communication here.

Thread Footer