Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pure Support Build (Off-Spec)

I main Fire/Ice, and it fits very well into my solo play style; I would like to create my first "swap" class combo to be used in dungeons. Now as more people join PG, the opportunity to run dungeons is growing substantially. After running Labs/GK I have noticed that the 2 main scenarios that get groups killed are:

1.) Bad pulling (or team attacks before pulled mob is fully brought back to group) - This leads to mobs screaming and pulling entire rooms of elites.
    2.) Lack of power/healing/cc

This build is primarily for option # 2, I am looking for a build that focuses on mp5 > healing > cc.
    - I already have 70 Mentalism and I feel that this is a must have for mp5 (please correct me if I am wrong).
    - What do i chose for a 2nd skill?

Please share your ideas and successes you've had in creating a group support build.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took me some searching to find out what mp5 meant. Turned out that not being a WoW player was the reason for that.

Meaningful cc is sparse in PG. There are 3 individual mezzes (ice, archery and psych have them), snares are individual as well (archery with mods, unarmed with mods and staff), the only AoE stun is in unarmed via a mod. Nothing like charm from eq2 unless you want to charm rats or the mob happens to be a cat/bear/rat.

Druid, psych and bard are the other typical support skills. Druid has an AoE healing ability as well as a debuff that can be AoE with mods. Bard is all about AoE with the songs. Psych doesn't have any AoE supports but has some strong individual ones and has some good dps (as do the other two).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Shield also has a stun, but idk if the other skills are any good for supporting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would like to see both:

A) some skills (psych, ice) be less damage oriented and more utility oriented (Crowd Control) like an EQ chanter, for example.

and

B) some skills (archery, knife fighting) have some attack abilities that are strictly for pulling (do little to no damage but don't make the ! over monsters that creates big groups)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Battle Chem can go really all bombs or more support, beside offering skins you can also add piercing and slashing skins, healing mist is on a 45 sec cooldown, could be shortened, and base heal is 100 HP, but i got mine with some mods that heals 270HP and 100 armor, this amount could be higher with right mods.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ice/Ment may be the shortest path to your desired effect. I have found that some mods may change the reason to cast any given skill.

The build planner on this site helps me wrap my head around options.
    http://www.gorgonexplorer.com/

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bard is amazing, but I also find that Battle Chemistry to be a strong support class. You have a golem who can heal your team along with various other abilities, Healing Mist which is an AoE heal. Freezing Mist which will AoE freeze all mobs in place for 10 seconds (a great way for your team to reposition when too many mobs are pulled), Haste Concoction to boost your teams speed, which allows members to rotate in an out of agro quicker.

Thread Footer