I believe the last time i played this game was late 2015 or early 2016, I just saw this game again while browsing through my files, so i decided to open my client and see if it still works. But it says my launcher is version 5 and i need version 6 and i was directed to this site. I doubt i could remember my original login details or my character's name. (I doubt my account still exists, even, they probably delete accounts that were inactive for so long.) I actually remember that when i started playing the tutorial island didn't even exist, it was just a cave instead, and i remember hearing about it's release when i was still playing. Hell the original kickstarter campaign was still going when i started.

I don't think i even got all that far into the game, I was pretty casual and only been in the starting cave, the zone right outside it with the city in the middle, and the other zone connected to it. As well as some dungeons in those zones, i believe there was one with mushroom monsters or something. I was a human with a sword and shield.

So, i assume a LOT has changed over all those years, can someone help me catch up? I'll have to start over with a new account since as i said my old one probably doesn't even exist anymore.

Also can you still play for free or do you have to buy it now? What is the monitization system? At pre-alpha it was free with no microtransactions, IIRC there was talk about an optional subscription like Runescape.