Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Alchemy
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alchemy

(Not sure if alchemy is counted as trade skill, but it fits here most, so here we go)

SO yeh, after last big update, adn changes to in-combat regen, i found myself looking for alternative wasy of boosting power regen, other than food. I checked out Alchemy recipes, and found out that there are quite few nice recipes that can help in everyday life. And few that could help, if not for fact that they are gimped - either they need too rare ingrediens for they lv, or effect are underwhelimg, or both. So here are few recipes that i think could use some buff (either by making recipe easier, or buffung effect):

1) Cold damage potions - all of them needs teh effect buffed. Adding 3 damage is, at best, minor boost, even at low levels. At 20+ its basicly unnoticeable. Granted ingredients are not very hard to find, adn duration very long, but still such minor effect are not worth it.

2)Holistick ink - out of all special inks they have hardest to get ingredients (save form bscik one). Also Amazign version have lowest return (giving only 3 inks) while getting hairballs for it is WAY harder that mats for other 2. I suggest increasign yeld to 5 to mach other 2 special inks.

3) Resistance potions. They could use longer duration, and maybe higher-level versions. Also it would be nice if all of them had "shield" potion version(like fire shiled potion)

4)MAX HP-boosting potions - i fell like every one of them is simple not worth the effort. They need ingediens that are too hard to come by. Combined with not so great effects (+40 hp for 30 min is not so great when i have over 400 hp without food buff), they are really not worth the effort. I would suggest changing recipes to include more common ingredients.

5)Pinela juice - well. i actualy think this potion is rather good. What it, imo, needs is tooltip update - so it include duration and info if its boost in-combat power regen too.

6)Rage ointment(adn by extension Rage inhibitor) - Beak is far too hard to come by at such low level - even witha ll this chickes runig around serbule, and south serbule its hard to find one. I thionk it should be replaced with somethign else.

7) Toxinflesh Onitment - similar ot above - too hard to come bay ingredients, considerign recipe level, and effect.

8) Perfect memory inhibitor - unless im missing something, this potion seems to be useless.

9)Shroom suspensions - well its nto liek thsi recipes are too hard or anything, but i think they shoudl be moved to mycology. just my tought.

Also, it woudl be nice if w got lv cap increas for alchemy/mycology/fishing (and with it new ransk in correspondign off-bar skills). With announced lv 70 content having them stuck at lv 50 is a bit sad.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Well I don't use alchemy potions all that much, hardly at all. Just going to reply to a couple of points.

#1 Cold damage potions, it does seem small but I wonder if you are using cold damaging % increasing gear and maybe DoT cold attacks if they don't start showing some real effect. Not one to do the spreadsheets myself to figure out if those little amounts really add up.

#8 Perfect memory inhibitor, it has uses.
    Spoiler Spoiler:

#9 Shroom Suspensions: I prefer that they be in Alchemy section, got to the limit on mycology fairly quick. These being here gives you the different xp. Also wonder if it is setup to require switching back and forth between skills in the recipes to confound bots maybe. The frequent switching is a little tiresome.

Be sure to put these through the in-game suggestions form so they get the best chance to be considered for revision.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh there are quests fro memory inhibitors? Newr saw any.

Also - how do you make spoiler tag?

Abot cold potions - from what i saw so far there are no cold dots. Also ye,s if you stack up % increases it will add up but... Compared to other dmg-boosts its just lackluster. Compard to, for example, Cranium powder:

Max lv cold damge potion :Coldrend potion, Need slv 45 alchemy, boost direct and indirect cold damage by 3, lasts 2h

Max lv cranium powder: Enchanced cranium powder, needs lv 25 alchemy, boosts diret damage of Psychology and Mentalism by 23, lasts 30 min and reduces damage after effect ends as side efect.

So to mach boost of lower lv recipe with coldrend potion you would have to stack... around 766% bonus cold damage. For every skill you want to use.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Maybe ice potions need to be worked on. If the damage is low because of some complex math reasons, maybe switching it to a % chance to stun or something easier to understand is the key.

Spoiler tag by the way is the last icon on the little edit bar above the input area of the post/reply section.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    Maybe ice potions need to be worked on. If the damage is low because of some complex math reasons, maybe switching it to a % chance to stun or something easier to understand is the key.

Spoiler tag by the way is the last icon on the little edit bar above the input area of the post/reply section.
    Heh never noticed it.

I think simplest solution woudl en to change it to %increase for direct damage only. There is quite few potions alredy that boost dmage by % and they work fine.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or have the potions give a minor +3 to +10 on top of the +%. That way the effect is good at both ends.

Thread Footer