Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Threaded View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

PG Beta - Development Roadmap (Serb)

A month ago, seeing 75 people online was an amazing achievement; last night there were over 450 people online.

The company I work for (also in Florida, PS we should get some beers sometime!) has directed my group of engineers into machine learning over the past 6 months; in doing so we have several Titan V clusters setup around the office. Since they are not utilized all the time I thought I'd put PG on one of those super computers and give it a whirl. I was getting 40ish FPS (Ultra/4k/optimize mesh) in Serb, with a $3000 graphics card (currently the best gaming graphics card on the planet) and a $2000 cpu (~20000 on cpu benchmark).

Question: Just wanted to know what the current plan/prioritization was in regards to fps performance.

I love this game, and unfortunately no amount of $ can give me decent fps in town (on my machine at home which uses a 1080 TI I only get about 30 fps in Serb and it shutters all over). 30 FPS is playable, and i can get 45 if I drop the resolution; but for most people who play on low end computers, they are having issues navigating Serb (on lowest graphics setting) and I am worried about scalability.

I know this game was not intended for a million players, but if we lag at 100 people, and barely can move at 450, what will 1000 do?

Suggestion: I actually do not mind the graphics (honestly), the gameplay is amazing (and addicting :P)! I know a few months ago you mentioned that artwork/graphics would be enabled/prioritized via Steam Release funding; all I am suggesting is that the scope is tailored slightly to fix the main town that every single player has to spend a considerable amount of time in (Serb). Amazon's AWS elastic servers have come a long way, and can be integrated into Unity Game Servers, might be worth looking into. https://aws.amazon.com/gamelift/
    Last edited by Karnix; 03-19-2018 at 09:01 AM.

Thread Footer