Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting WindowsPlayer.exe stopped responding crash randomly, game was working fine.

So I have been playing for the past two days, and haven't had any issues with crashes. I have kept my graphics settings the same throughout playing, but for some reason today I started getting WindowsPlayer.exe has stopped responding and immediately get kicked to the desktop. I tried lowering the graphics preset option and was able to play for a while and make it to Serbule, but once I teleported back to Serbule Hills I was running and the game crashed once again. It doesn't seem to matter now what graphics setting I have the game set on, but eventually anywhere from a couple minutes to thirty minutes it crashes. I have an AMD Ryzen 5 1600x, 8GB DDR4, GTX 970 4GB Graphics Card, and game is installed on my Samsung 830 SSD drive. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated, as of now the crashes are making the game unplayable.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Have you checked out the following thread:
    https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...ng-Read-First!

It has a section on what to do about crashes.

What else do you have running on your computer, something that wasn't running earlier? Like maybe something updating in the background, or some other program doing something that it only does on the weekends. Do you have your web browser open as well during play? Restarting you computer and not having your web browser or other programs open, might help. Otherwise follow the links instructions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi ShieldBreaker and thanks for the quick response. I did check out the thread from the link before I posted my comment and tried all of the included material. So far I have been playing for hours without incident, not quite sure what changed as I didn't have any web browsers open or any windows updates or other updates going. Hopefully it keeps up without the crashes. I will be sure to post back if the crashing does persist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got hit with this crash today while in Serbule Hills (first time it's happened to me). I know windows generated a crash report, but I can't seem to find one for Project Gorgon. Are there any changes to the location of crash reports since the Steam migration/is there any other information I should send?

Thread Footer