Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really don't see how this can bother anyone. It's a quest. If you don't like it, don't read a lot into it. If they hadn't done this and just said "shipwrecked on an island" the rest of the game is exactly the same.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if this month-old thread really needs reviving but since I like plot discusssions and never got to add my overly verbose two councils worth:

The amnesia background works really well for me. I am not an rp player as such, but I like the feeling that my character fits into the world which is pretty difficult to envision when I'm just starting a game and I don't actually know anything about the world yet. So, amnesia puts me and my character on an even footing, and I get to ask totally dumb questions about how the world works that a non-amnesiac character should already know the answers to.

Now that I know a bit more about the world, I still get to blame anything out of character on the missing memories. For example, I'm playing a rakshasa who is presumably from Rahu but without my memories to tell me why those first generation rakshasa are supposed to be so wonderful, I think they are overrated and Rahu is a very bizarre city. I like my emotions and my tail, and Rita can call me fluffy anytime she likes...

Also, I don't feel the background story defines my character. All I know for certain is that I attended this school for some time - not why or what I thought about it or what my goals were. I certainly don't believe anything Yurra told me, and even if the demon hunter story is accurate, does it really matter if my memories of it are gone and they are not ever going to come back?

I never thought about the prodigy aspect - I figured everyone in the world could do everything if they only tried. Most people just are too busy with other stuff, like setting up dates or gossiping in town or becoming a master cheesemaker. The main unique thing my character has is the lack of a permanent death which is going to have an interesting explanation one of these days. I'm also really curious how the background story for the other races is going to be handled...

Tl; dr: What BetaNotus said earlier.

Thread Footer