Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mikhaila That's the thing, tho, if you're harvesting in an area, it's already ruined if the spawns recycle into stuff you don't want. This isn't like WoW where each herb has its own recycle pattern. Which is really, really frustrating. If I need Perch, I have to pick all the Clown Fish in the zone. And if I wanted Clown Fish, I wouldn't run around a zone that's more likely to kill me and respawn nodes into stuff I can't clear.

Yeah, it's frustrating when a skin gets ruined, but I also literally don't get enough xp if I don't try.

There's also the problem of the UI not telling you anything about your chances with any particular resource (for those that have chances now) and no way in party to assign resources to different party members.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That would be a different problem to fix then, with spawn cycles. But at least you are getting exp and a resource even if it's not what you need. Having a zone cleared by people wasting resources would be very frustrating to people who could harvest them.

There are lots of different ways people get frustrated. Some could be fixed, many can be mitigated by players adapting to the game rather than asking the game to be adapted to them. I just wanted to point out that while a new player may feel frustrated i can't harvest something, just letting them try and 99% of the time waste the item will cause someone else to be frustrated.

I think the system, as is, is working. There's a path to not be frustrated, which is increasing your skill. As an example, i hit a new cave in Ghazluk last night, and couldn't harvest mushrooms. I'm at 50. Never bothered to seek out a trainer. Suddenly i can't do something, and i'm selling stuff and looking for the trainer so i can pay to increase my skill.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The zone isn't 'wasted' - as people pick things, the spawns pop up elsewhere in the zone.

The concept of worrying about it being wasted is just not a good one. Is it 'wasted' if someone else got the whole thing and ran off anyhow? Does it matter?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, if resources spawn and are destroyed by someone with no skill in foraging trying to pick them up, i consider it wasted. And it would matter if that mean't people who had worked to get the skill to harvest those items didn't have them available.

We all have opinions. You don't think my worries are good. I don't think people who haven't gained the necessary skill should worry about not being able to forage something. YMMV.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mikhaila Does it feel wasted that they spawn and are wasted with no player interaction? That most players grabbing resources just sell them to the nearest vendor?

Sometimes it does no good to worry about some things. Whether or not a player got the resource node seems like one of them: They got it, we didn't, it doesn't really matter what they do with it, it's gone.

Anyhow, I just entered in because I thought it would be funny to have ramped difficulty with some resources. Not knowing the right way to gather wood literally is the most dangerous job in the US today! (It varies, but it's always in the top ten.) Maybe it's more interesting to me because that was literally an elective in my high school. I dunno.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be fine if they got that message instead of the "you need more kill points" one as long as it still sat there like it does now.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    @Mikhaila Does it feel wasted that they spawn and are wasted with no player interaction? That most players grabbing resources just sell them to the nearest vendor?

Sometimes it does no good to worry about some things. Whether or not a player got the resource node seems like one of them: They got it, we didn't, it doesn't really matter what they do with it, it's gone.

Anyhow, I just entered in because I thought it would be funny to have ramped difficulty with some resources. Not knowing the right way to gather wood literally is the most dangerous job in the US today! (It varies, but it's always in the top ten.) Maybe it's more interesting to me because that was literally an elective in my high school. I dunno.
    I approve of that high school! My family on my father's side back 6 generations were lumber jacks. My grandfather taught me to fall trees and we heard all his stories about widow makers, kickbacks, and twisters. He quit hauling logs at 78 ans sold his truck. It was a '58 Peterbuilt log truck, the company bought it from him and put it in their museum.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mikhaila That's cool ^-^ I love when history is cherished. Tho maybe because my family doesn't have one o-o

Thread Footer