Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Development Team: SEND E-MAILS IMMEDIATELY

As someone who works in marketing, I strongly urge the development team to prioritize sending Steam keys to everyone who is eligible to receive them. People who frequent Steam yet are part of your new audience rely on many positive Steam reviews to convince them to purchase the game. As of now, there are only 8 reviews. I imagine that many people who have backed the game are waiting to write a positive review but cannot (myself included).

If you want to make the most of your launch day, please send Steam links immediately.

Congratulations, by the way!

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Good advice. We're working on that right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Glad to hear! Congratulations on the EA launch!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a patron level backer, I'm eagerly awaiting my steam key, along with everyone else. Grin.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yeah beleave me there may be convincing to be done considering the negative talk on mmorpg reddit. Mainly concerning the price.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't blame gamers for thinking the EA price is too high. Comparatively, it is. However, hopefully the developers can make a convincing case that it's worth it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, ok I see i did not miss my key somewhere : it has not been sent yet.
    I must say i'm a bit surprised because it's the first time in a KS project i receive an email about a game being available on steam before the backers received the key.
    But it's not a big deal, i just fear many people like me won't understand what they missed.
    I suggest you send a little message on KS to everyone saying they will receive the key very soon ;-)

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Just as an FYI, although we appreciate all Steam reviews, you should be aware that Steam changed the rules for reviews last year. Only people who actually buy the game through Steam will have their reviews "count" toward the overall rating (of e.g. "mostly positive" or whatever). People who receive Steam keys can still write reviews, but their score isn't aggregated into the overall score. (http://store.steampowered.com/news/24155/)

Steam did this to combat an apparent rash of "we'll give you a free key if you give us a review" scams that some developers were running. Unfortunately it really hurts us, since it goes against previous advice they gave during the Steam Greenlight process! In fact, this new policy is why we haven't sold the base-game in our Gorgon Shop: we prefer if players buy on Steam so that they can give "valid" reviews.

We'll be getting the Steam keys out this week but it doesn't make sense to hurry this delicate process. Let us get it right and make sure all the details line up. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Citan!

I was unaware of this change and I'm sorry to hear it negatively has affected you (since most of your loyal fan-base, including me, will not have an equal effect on the weighted score).

Nevermind!

All the best,

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even though we won't count, we can give good reviews to let people read.

Right now the negative review is 'waaah no pvp' which is sad.

Thread Footer