Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Item crafting
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Item crafting

How many different mods can an item have?

I understand you can transmute an item to modify a mod, but can you add more new mods?

How many mods can I add if any?

Can the mods be level 20 on a shirt I looted that had level 10 mods?

Does item rarity have anything to do with infusion?

Say I have maxed out an item with transmutation with repairing it and modifying it over and over, which I gathered you can do from the recipe descriptions.

Can I still augment it AND shamanic infuse it?

I cant find anything anywhere on how all this works so a wall of text is appreciated.
    Last edited by Baramy; 03-19-2018 at 10:48 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Transmute mods only select from the ones possible on that piece of gear. Basically, you get to re-roll part of it.

The new bonus will be the same level as the item.
    The new bonus will be the same skill (or lack of) as the item had.
    Transmutation doesn't change the number of bonuses on an item.
    You don't get to select what the new bonus is (which wastes tons of dust and prisms)
    Rarity doesn't affect your ability to augment/infuse.
    Rarity just gives you more different bonuses to changes via transmutation.

As far as I know, you can do all the types of augmenting; I don't know which ones interact. Transmute doesn't interact with the others that I know of.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So if i find a 25/25 hammer ment chest with 2 mods it stays at 2 and I reroll the mods till i get what i want?

Do I pick which of the two mods I reroll out of the 2 or is selection random.

If one mod is hammer and one is ment i reroll the hammer with a hammer mod always and same for the ment mod?

I cant add another mod besides augmenting?

What is the highest number of mods an item spawns with?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Number of mods:
    A dropped or crafted item can have up to 5 mods + 1 from augmentation = 6 total (A green item has 1 mod, a gold ha 5)

A maximum crafted item can have up to 6 mods + 1 from augmentation = 7 total (A green item has 2 mods, a gold has 6)

Changing /re-rolling Mod:
    Generally, the changed mod tends to be the same level as the item, but there is a (small) random chance that they may be lower. This can happen every time an item has its' mods changed

Extra mods:
    The number of mods can only be increased via Augmentation (which allows one more)

Rarity:
    This has nothing to do with (shamanic?) infusion.
    Rarity is randomly generated whether for dropped /looted or crafted items

Modding items:
    Items can be modded as many times as you like subject to having at least 25% durability available
    Each time you change a mod, the item's durability decreases by 25%
    The new mod is randomly chosen from the allowed list of mods for that item - it can get expensive to re-mod items

Items have 100 durability. You can re-mod an item 4 times before it needs Repairing (via Transmutation).

An item can be Repaired once a week and can regain from 30% to 100% durability. Allowing up to another 4 re-mods /week

Shamanic infusion and Augments:
    They are mutually exclusive. You can have one or the other
    Infusion and Augmentation each consumes 100 Enhancement points
    Dropped / looted items have 100 enhancement points
    Crafted have 120 points (the extra 20 points can be used to add pockets on chest and legs. Leather 1 pocket, cloth 2 pockets

Augments and Infusions can be removed via Undo Augment

Why are mods important?
    To maximise your damage, healing, crowd control, etc. you need to stack mods for the same spell (generally, mod effects add). It is possible (with some skill combinations) to get 8+ mods impacting 1 spell.

There are 9 gear slots available to a player. Assuming a complete 'gold' set, then dropped /crafted gear sets can have 45 mods.
    By Augmenting each pieces this increases to 54 mods total - leading to increased performance.

Max crafted items have an extra mod each, but due to current limitations in the game, only 6 types of max crafted items can be made.
    This allows a max crafted with augmented gear player to have up to 60 mods.

As the game appears to be balanced around 3-mod gear (salmon- pink /browmsih?), i.e. circa 27 mods, dropped /crafted gold gear (45 mods) has significant advantages.
    Max crafted with augs (60 mods) can 2-shot kill most things in the game (at each gear tier) excluding bosses. This is especially true if the gear has been re-modded to stack spell effects.
    Last edited by poulter; 03-20-2018 at 03:31 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I am really after to complete my understanding of this is.

I craft a purple item with 6 mods, 3 of them are what I want, the other 3 are trash but are of the type I want like say the 3 trash are all for hammer and for a skill I dont use.

Can I roll those mods one by one while keeping the 3 that I like, eventually leading to a perfect item?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *A max crafted "yellow" would have 6 mods.

And yes, you can select which exact ability you want to re-roll until you have your perfect item. This is beneficial because it can sometimes take 40 attempts to craft one yellow item, and it can cheaper to re-roll the mods than it is it make a new item.

Also Poulter said:

"Changing /re-rolling Mod:
    Generally, the changed mod tends to be the same level as the item, but there is a (small) random chance that they may be lower. This can happen every time an item has its' mods changed"

I've never encountered this in the hundreds of re-rolls I've completed under multiple, various skills. However, in some aspect it exists. For example, of all the Sword mods there's one mod that says "Chance to avoid stuns while sword is active 25%." I might re-roll a level 70 sword mod and get this specific 'avoid stun' mod - which in and of itself is actually a level 0 sword mod. However, once I re-roll it (having to use Shoddy Phlog instead of Nice Phlog) it will once again return to being a different level 70 sword mod.

Edit: Also to add, if you augment a mod onto an item, the mod that you augment must already be the one you want. You can't transmute it once you put it on your item. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I believe you can't do any re-rolling once you add an aug/shamantic infusion an item.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Augmented items can have their other mods rerolled after an aug has been applied i.e .only the augment mod cannot be changed (it does not display in the list of mods that the modding table /bench displays).

Please note augmenting an item binds it to the person that performed the augmentation i.e. you need to learn Augmentation

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can reroll once you add an augment to an item, you just can't reroll the mod that came from the augment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all of your input. If i can make my perfect items then build planning is alot easier. I realize it will take time and resources but atleast its not as random as some crafting systems lime path of exile.

Thread Footer