Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Some questions
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some questions

Hello all!

I just found out about this game and the steam early access release tomorrow!
    I have seen some videos and it feels like Runescape, with all the skills. Is this what I should expect?
    Is there a level limit and something like leaderboards available yet? This is something many people will wonder, since it looks like its all about grinding.
    I hope to see you all in game tomorrow!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You found out about the game @ the right time, matey.

I've never played Runescape, but most people here are reminded of their first love MMO when they play PG; it reminds me of early EQ, reminds AC players of AC, etc. Really I think its the community, immersion, and exploration factors that make the game such a throwback classic gem.

There are no "leaderboards" but if there were, I would be at the very top. My name is Roekai the Legend, Roekai the Magnificent, Roekai the Magnanimous. You can check your hopes of ever besting me at the door.

There is a lot of grinding, but it's tempered with exploration, discovery, travel, community, etc.

If you have any questions, don't PM me in game because I'm always busy doing super important high level stuff. /s

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It reminds me of Horizons. Ability to go anywhere, you skill by using skills, weirdly complex crafting, animal races/classes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you mean the Horizon that was later morphed into Isteria to keep it going

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehh, I didn't like it after the monsters stopped doing things on their own.

Well, this game take me back to EverQuest, try to explore everything OP, this game is so interesting
    bom dinh luong USA, bom mang khi nen, bom ly tam

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As someone who has played runescape from classic till now, I can tell you that it is... "roughly" similar. Its as much of a sandbox as runescape is a sandbox and the quests are better versions of what you'd imagine from early rs2, different though. If you're going to compare it to a game, runescape is your best bet for modern game feels and comparisons. This game is a different grind, but more enjoyable, though I loved it in both games... If you could be a tad more specific I could give you my perspective as a longtime player there and a few year player here.
    ~Lycanthropomorphic Bull Sage~

Thread Footer