Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: UI wishlist
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

UI wishlist

I have a few niggles with the UI that I think could be cleared up and would make life a little nicer, without changing gameplay in any way.

- decrease font size in the quest log. I have no need for large text, I just want to find my quest in that list of 100.

- Let me hide all the quests in a given zone! I followed some guy to rahu despite being waaay to low to level there, and now I have 20-ish quests I have to scroll past all the time. That's not including serbule hills, serbule, veltibule, crypt, mushroom....the list goes on.

- give me a right-click option to go straight to 'recipes' for any given item. It saves me a click. 'it's just 1 click' you say, but in actual fact extra clicks are a huge pain in the arse. I know i can go through the crafting menu but when I have 30-50 or 100 different recipes for a given skill (cooking...), right-click to 'more info' is the fastest way to find the recipe for that item.

- on the topic of skill menus: Filters! Please let me filter out recipes below a certain skill level! It declutters the menus and is very helpful.

- why is the 'autopsy' skill (pathology?) expanded by default? I very, very rarely want to look at my autopsy skill for a particular type - and there are a LOT of types.

- I wouldn't object to a separate button for combat and non-combat skills. At all. In a game with this many skills, it would be great to have a way to look at the one you want quickly. There is no need for the buttons on the right to be so big.

- 'autopsy' changes the locations of the buttons on the corpse popup window. It's minor, but it is poor design. Put the autopsy info below or something. Just stop moving the other buttons.

- Clicking through corpses kinda sucks. Actually I really wish I could set up a 'default' corpse action so it would only take 1 click to autopsy, skin(or butcher), and bury.

In summary, menus aren't fun. Please work on them so we can get through them faster.
    Last edited by Throwback; 03-08-2018 at 09:12 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just want to say, your want list is about the same as mine. I think there's a way to sort zones now tho, but I forgot how I did it.

-Crissa

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You make a lot of good points, but I would like to offer my 2 cents on 1 click to autopsy, skin/butcher/extract skull, and bury. It's a normal tactic in dungeon runs to not bury corpses so enemies don't respawn as quickly. As a compromise, I would maybe like to see a 1 click option for autopsy and interacting with a corpse, but leave burying separately to give people in dungeon runs the option to not speed up mob respawns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I'm suggesting is a customisable 'default action' button. So if you are farming skins, your default might be autopsy + skin + bury. But if you are going through a tough dungeon, you might set it to autopsy + skin.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good way to do the default action choose menu (in my opinion):
    1. check box for loot all (do or not)
    1. check box for autopsy
    2. check box for bury
    3. list of check boxes with customizable order (say with up/down arrows), so if I i.e. kill a mob which is not skinnable it get butchered etc:
    - skin
    - butcher
    - extract skull

Now it would be great to also have option (check box?) to auto perform default actions on every lootable corpse in range. It's really a pain to access corpse menu where there are many corpses in one place and it gets worse where in a party...

EDIT: also making the corpses (I mean where in a party with queue) that are not lootable by us also not targetable would help.
    Last edited by datar; 03-09-2018 at 12:22 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I want to autopsy some and not others, but still, the bouncing around UI while digging through a pile of corpses is one thing that makes dungeon runs so painful with a party.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What's the reason to not autopsy?
    In game character: Esgalnoron.
    Please, forgive my language mistakes - English is not my native language. Also please let me know if my poor language skill makes something hard to understand.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I would think the main reason to not autopsy, is that you have maxed that category of anatomy and want someone who needs it to get a chance at it for the xp. You might also want to take turns or share the chance at xp even if you haven't maxed it. There maybe other reasons.

Thread Footer