Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Preferred Sound Settings

Just curious about how others have their settings configured.

Until now I haven't given this much thought, but if you've ever played overnight into the early hours of the morning the sound of the spiders dying probably gives your neighbours nightmares, not to mention disturb your pets...

So today, after killing many, many spiders I think that I've got my sound settings just right, although I don't know yet about the instrument tracks as I haven't heard more than ~5 players playing at one time, if in fact this is what that setting refers to.

Master - 0.90605
    Music - 0.33070
    Ambient noise - 0.25041
    Sound effects - 0.09654
    GUI sounds - 0.42436
    Max player instrument tracks 16

Also wondering if maybe the devs would consider lowering the spider death screech a bit. :/
    You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Desiderata.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The max player instrument tracks is, indeed, how many players you can hear playing separately.

The only sound I completely muted is the player instrument tracks because it gets really grating to hear the same track repeated thousands of times every time I pass through Serbule, and I'd like to think that I'm a man that can tolerate a lot of repetition. I really hope the dev team adds a little bit of diversity to the music tracks so I can unmute instruments again (or add custom music like I keep begging them to ). Most other sounds I kept stock and have turned down PG in the Windows volume mixer.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have very loud speakers so:

Master - 0.05
    Music - 0.1
    Ambient - 0.5
    Sound FX - 0.75
    Gui - 0.75
    Instruments - 6

Also, I turn Windows volume down to between 30%-40%
    Last edited by Madmatx; 03-08-2018 at 04:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the following settings :

Master - .70
    Music - 0
    Ambient - .10
    Sound FX - .15 (called Combat Volume in GorgonConfig.txt)
    GUI - 0
    Max Player tracks - 6 (Music set to zero means I don't hear this)

My computer has the output volume set to about 30%.

I have music muted, although I like it, because I have heard it too often. If there was an option to have it on only in areas with very low combat probability like Serbule town or Sir Arifs room I would probably select it.
    I agree that the spider combat sounds are much louder than the others and this may appear worse because of the high frequency of their sounds.
    I have GUI at zero because the "thump" on getting a quest item or quest or handing in a quest is very much louder than the others and if I lowered the volume to make it bearable I couldn'y hear any other sounds anyway.
    The other sound that is much too loud for me is the "peepers" in Eltibule at night. I live in Ohio and that is what the little frogs that make a similar noise at night are called. The daytime sound is OK for me set to .1 but doesn't seem to have any effect on the peepers and all the sound for them comes from my right speaker as I look at my iMac screen. My fix is to move out of Eltibule when night falls or stop playing.

Thread Footer