Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Rahu
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rahu

Serbule is a "starting" town with 4 NPC's granting you storage. Rahu is a town where you'll "hang around" at higher levels picking up more crafting skills along the way, finally make it out there beautiful town lots of NPC's but what's this only 3 of them give you storage and one is limited to ingredients/food. Talk about down sizing. Any way to get a 4th NPC storage? You can take 1 away from Serbule ( ivyn?) i don't mind.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree. Even though Serbule is to be planned to be a starting zone for incoming players, there's so much that keeps it the hub for players of all levels at the moment. A large amount of storage with great merchants that buy weapons, armor, jewelry, and miscellaneous items at full price makes it too valuable to pass up on. Another benefit of Serbule is it's one zone away from Eltibule, which can be used for gardening easily, and the mushroom circle near Eltibule Keep is a stone's throw away for easy alternate teleportation elsewhere. Geographically and economically speaking, Serbule is too good to ignore as a high-leveled player, at the moment.

That being said, with the eventual planned release of Statehelm, hopefully either something will be done to reconfigure merchants and/or storage and spread them to zones to entice players elsewhere, or Statehelm will be an even juicier city to loiter in. As for Rahu, something will have to be done to make it enticing as well. Limited storage and merchant options, along with a remote geographical location compared to other areas of the game just kind of leaves it as a remote location to drop off stuff after a manticore/General Pask run, work orders, or a boat off of the docks.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have high hopes for Statehelm knocking it out of the park. Serbule's been around for years, and it's had a lot of development effort. For a long time it was the only town (and before that, it was the only vendors). It became the defacto travel hub and commerce hub. High level players often need access to stuff that newbies sell, so it makes economic sense to hang out there. It's going to be hard to give Statehelm the same appeal.

As for Rahu, I feel that it's unnecessarily large. I've never spent time hunting there outdoors. There are very few quests to speak of, and I can't recall the last time I saw an open Pask run. Like most high level players, I imagine that folks only drop by to sell skins, meet trainers, or farm seaweed. There's no appeal to it as a base, and it's too inconvenient to be a hub of any sort.
    Last edited by sudostahp; 03-05-2018 at 04:55 PM.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We have a few more important crafting NPCs to add to Rahu (for not-yet-released craft skills) which should flesh out the storage. As for connectivity, I expect the next outdoor area will be connected to the west side of Rahu and that will help with its utility. It just takes time to get there!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have a few more important crafting NPCs to add to Rahu (for not-yet-released craft skills) which should flesh out the storage. As for connectivity, I expect the next outdoor area will be connected to the west side of Rahu and that will help with its utility. It just takes time to get there!
    Oh those both sound exciting! I love hanging out in Rahu...I don't get to do it much but it is a beautiful city. Can't wait to see it busier.
    Amaryllis - Battle Chemistry/Mentalism/Cow/Animal Handling/Druid/Crafter
    Lakini - Eternal Wolf/Psych, Giant Bat/Warden, Spider/Priest
    Elie - Sword/Sheild
    Rigby - Has a lot of pockets

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The outpost in Kur is my favorite. Three people with storage and a bank. Good to hear that Rahu is getting more stuff. It's really got some lovely architecture and a nice feel to the city.

Thread Footer