Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Hybrid View

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: February 28, 2018

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...bruary-28-2018

Discussion in this thread! (But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system as well.)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, I've sorta been wanting the selection boxes to be slower to update for a long time ^-^

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Someone forgot to remove a message from the launcher notes. It still says "the server is down for an update"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally the large dark circle that used to surround me is gone
    So far every update has been a move forward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardum View Post
    Finally the large dark circle that used to surround me is gone
    So far every update has been a move forward.
    It's mostly gone. I noticed it a little bit running around Serbule Hills. In the first-person view, it's pretty dark. Zoomed out 1 notch it's better but still noticeable. Zoomed out the 2nd notch you can barely see it but its not a circle , more like dark spots around you. If you zoom out farther then it's gone.

I think the time of day and steep slopes affect it because at sunrise it went away and I don't recall seeing it on flat ground. So maybe it was only at night on the hills.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm pretty impressed by the optimization - I just did the poetry jam on Good graphics at mostly 20fps. Previously, I'd dial my graphics back to Bad for this and get fps in the low teens.

I haven't played a lot since the patch but overall Serbule fps seems to have gone up by 6-7 fps or so for me, which is enough to play pretty smoothly on good under most circumstances. The only time I noticed a problem so far was a tiny reload pause just now when I moved out of the inn and into the post-jam crowd at the well but after a couple seconds, my fps went back up to the high teens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am running with Auto-Adjust Quality disabled and a lot of Graphics Advanced Settings changes based on trying out most of the settings. I have Target Framerate set to 30 and was getting this before the patch. I haven't noticed any changes with the patch except that the shadow circle around me in Serbule Keep and the dark area near the wall in the Serbule Keep garden area have gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    serbule working much better for me now with default settings/fresh install.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Games locks up and crashes 100% of the time when I enter Serbule Hills. Pretty much the exact way Gazluk did for me a few patches back. Thanks for fixing that, btw I can't take 1 step before it locks up and quits responding. I guess I'm stuck until the next patch and see if it fixes anything.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    anyone else getting a windowsplayer error when logging in after character choice?

Thread Footer