Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"third-party game accelerator software and firmware"

On my way to the crypt in Serbule, this warning message flashed across the screen. I lost the first part of it in chat when I took a screenshot:
    "...than real-time. Disable all third-party 'game accelerator' software and firmware." I believe it said my computer was running faster than real-time.

I continued to the crypt, killed a few skeletons, was killed, re-spawned in Serbule & quit. I keep Task Manager running while in game & when I checked the CPU & memory, the numbers were ~45.

I'm the only user of this laptop, which I bought brand new in 2015. I've never used it until just recently. The only thing that I've installed since taking it out of the box, is PG. I've deleted some things but know there is still a lot of bloat ware, just not sure which things to delete.

That warning sounds like it is against hacking, but there can't be anything on this computer like that.

What would cause that warning & what should I look for to delete, if anything? Is this a game bug?
    You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Desiderata.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry about it, it happens to all of us, though I feel that it's gotten much better lately. I believe it's part of an anti-cheat plugin for Unity, and pressing two keys too closely together triggers it. I think Citan also noted that it can be triggered by latency. In either case, no action is taken automatically and your account isn't flagged for cheating. I'm sure it'll get better over time as Citan modifies it to play well with PG, he's pretty great at what he does.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the quick reply. It's 8:30PM here & because I'm kind of addicted to this game, I still haven't had supper. :| Now I can go eat in peace.

For the record, I was running full out using W & pressed shift to jump when the message appeared, if that helps anyone.

Thanks again. o/
    You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. Desiderata.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, Citan said that it can be triggered by network or machine latency, as events get out of sequence or seem too close together to the server.

I've never seen the warning, but some people see it more often.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Yeah, Citan said that it can be triggered by network or machine latency, as events get out of sequence or seem too close together to the server.

I've never seen the warning, but some people see it more often.
    It's the first time that I've seen it. Normally I just run right over objects in my way or run around them. I'm not much of a jumper but this time, I chose to jump over an obstacle while I was running & that's exactly when the message appeared.

Now that I know it's not my comp, I may try to recreate it just to see if I get the message again.

Thanks again to Sudostahp & for your input too Crissa.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never seen it on my ethernet computer but I've seen it 3 or 4 times on my wifi one. I think 2 of those time were during server maintenance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I have seen it yesterday several times. I have seen it only couple times in the past. But maybe I just haven't played in a long while seriously. It's no big deal, unless it stops an ability from activating but the abilities cooldown starts.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It will also show up in some cases if you click the mouse too quickly too many times. I have an uncontrollable twitch in my right index finger so I get to see that message quite often.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it can also apper if you overclock your processor. I saw this message like once or twice. Nothign to worry about.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes as others have stated nothing to worry over unless your using third party accelerator's . If your a finger trigger might happen more often

Thread Footer