Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Thread: Launcher issues
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Launcher issues

I haven't played for probably 6 months or so due to Real life stuff....

When I installed the game on my laptop and attempt to launch the game, it attempts to open but instead it is just a black screen.
    Doesn't even give an error, just stays on the black screen until I close it.
    I have followed the troubleshooting thread with no success.

My son came over to the house and I had him try to DL PG on his laptop and he is also having the same issue.

If anyone has any ideas or possible a alternate DL link, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    First just to confirm, please make sure you've validated the install by running the launcher but instead of pressing "Play Project: Gorgon", then pressing "Validate Installation". If the validation completes but the problem still happens, something else is wrong besides the download and I'd need to see the logs. You can find the logs in your app data folder at

C:\Users\(your user name)\AppData\LocalLow\Elder Game\Project Gorgon\output_log.txt

(Sorry for the annoying directory placement, it's how the Unity graphics engine does it and we can't change where the log is stored.)

Then if you email that to eric@projectgorgon.com I can take a look and see if there are clues about what's happening. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your reply.

I have sent you an email with the requested file. I have seen the validate installation button in the past, but this time the launcher isn't getting that far. It only opens a blank window.

Thanks Again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Still unable to launch the game, tried a fresh install with no luck. Same issue still happening : (

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    You should still be able to find the log file that Citan requested, you don't need to press validate installation to get that file.
    Once you send him the output_log.txt as described above, Citan will be better able to pinpoint what the issue is and advise you accordingly.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    We're in the process of prepping the Steam Early Access launch which will change the way you access the game. If you've tried everything in the sticky thread, then it may be prudent just to wait until we launch on Steam Early Access.

As far as your issue, you can try manually removing all Project: Gorgon files, redownload the launcher and make sure to put it on your main hard drive. Note: Files are in multiple areas, so make sure that you've deleted them all. Alternatively, you could try making another Windows user account and doing a fresh install of Project: Gorgon to see if that works.

Please make sure that your antivirus and firewall are temporarily disabled during troubleshooting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions, the file has been sent.
    I have now tried to install and launch on three machines without success.
    Time to wait for Steam to get my PG fix : )

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    We're in the process of prepping the Steam Early Access launch which will change the way you access the game. If you've tried everything in the sticky thread, then it may be prudent just to wait until we launch on Steam Early Access.

As far as your issue, you can try manually removing all Project: Gorgon files, redownload the launcher and make sure to put it on your main hard drive. Note: Files are in multiple areas, so make sure that you've deleted them all. Alternatively, you could try making another Windows user account and doing a fresh install of Project: Gorgon to see if that works.

Please make sure that your antivirus and firewall are temporarily disabled during troubleshooting.
    Will we have steam integration this week?

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #9
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Persev View Post
    Thanks everyone for your suggestions, the file has been sent.
    I have now tried to install and launch on three machines without success.
    Time to wait for Steam to get my PG fix : )
    If you've tried the latest Windows Launcher from the homepage on three separate computers and have the same result then that likely indicates an issue with the connection to our server. It is highly unlikely that all three machines would have the same hardware issue resulting in the same exact issue. Can you please confirm that you have tried temporarily deactivating your anti-virus and firewall and then downloaded (from the front page) the latest Project: Gorgon Windows Launcher and then ran it as Administrator? If you are on a wireless connection can you confirm that you've tried on a wired connection? If you have a Modem and then a Router - can you try connecting your computer directly to the modem and tell us the results? Thanks.

Thread Footer