Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question What features is the VIP status planned to have?

Title.

The reason I ask this question is that I really want to support the game, but I've seen enough video games in my life that failed after launch because they offered VIP packs that were really unfair and through the game off-balance, so especially in a game like Gorgon that's B2P besides the VIP status, it's a rather important thing for me.

Thanks for advance!

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    We'll be talking about that soon, but I can't give specifics yet since we're still discussing what's in it internally. I'm working hard to find ways to make it appealing without significantly impacting day-to-day gameplay. In general, it consists of slots -- item-transfer slots, character slots, horse slots, and so on.

Anything in a VIP package can be considered "really unfair" from somebody's point of view, so I'm sure there'll some be people who hate it, but I really don't think it'll be seen as a huge deal to most players. We definitely don't expect players to "need" it for anything. It's a luxury.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    VIP Subscription
    The VIP Subscription is optional and will allow players to support the continued development of Project Gorgon while also rewarding players for their generosity.

The VIP Subscription* will cost $9.99 a month and will feature the following benefits:

• Eight (8) Character Slots instead of only four (4).
    • Additional Inventory slots, approximately 24 additional slots.
    • Exclusive in-game title.
    • A monthly allotment of special in-game currency that can be used at a unique in-game vendor. The special vendor will have exclusive minor cosmetic items, experience boost potions, and other neat items! (Note: The vendor will be accessible by non-subscribing players, but they will not receive a monthly allotment of currency.)
    • Exclusive access to the “Autodidactism” skill which will allow players to slowly level up skills while they are offline. (Note: You will be required to learn the skill and collect all required materials prior to using this skill.)

*The benefits associated with the VIP Subscription are subject to change as benefits may be added, removed, or tweaked prior to launch.
    I quoted the kickstarter but as seeing as Citan chimed in, will wait to see. But then he referenced this post so I'll put the quote back in.
    Last edited by ShieldBreaker; 02-24-2018 at 11:34 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Ah, yes, I'd forgotten about that from the KS page. It's outdated -- I don't think we're going to do a special currency, instead we're currently talking about giving VIPs a special "gift basket" each month with items like special dyes and appearance skins -- but that post gives the general idea.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Citan View Post
    Ah, yes, I'd forgotten about that from the KS page. It's outdated -- I don't think we're going to do a special currency, instead we're currently talking about giving VIPs a special "gift basket" each month with items like special dyes and appearance skins -- but that post gives the general idea.
    Just as general feedback, I'd prefer a system that allows me to control what I get when. A gift basket sounds cool and random free stuff is fun up to a point but it can also feel frustrating if the presents I get aren't anything I actually wanted...

( This is digressing a bit but I remember when LotRO suddenly started mailing all of my characters goodies on a regular basis, presumably to reward me for playing. With a couple exceptions, I didn't really care about their stuff, but I figured I could always sell it off to other players. However, it quickly became apparent that their ability to send me crap vastly outstripped my ability to sell it, and logging in became a lengthy chore for me when I tried to move the latest item bombardment out of the way so I would actually be able to go out and play. Eventually, I ended up stuck in this perfect hoarder's nightmare with my bags and my mailbox totally full and not as single slot left to shuffle things around.

Anyway, I'm not really worried PG will go that way. I just wanted to share my ultimate freebie horror story as an example of something I really did not enjoy and would eventually have paid to not get if that had been an option. Then again, some people presumably liked it.
    )

A special currency sounds easiest to me as a player but I haven't really played that many MMOs in the last few years, so I don't really have a good basis for comparison.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perhaps a handful of NPCs could be delegated the task, each offering a slightly different selection of bonus "goodies" that month.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    I'd been planning to use the package-redemption system (In other words, the /redeem command, but with a UI instead of making you type commands.) So you'd have several packages to choose from each month and could pick the one you want, when you want.

I worry that using a special "pay currency" sends weird messages to players who are used to "pay shops" being full of overpowered gear, so I wanted to avoid that. I also want to be able to offer different items at different times, so bundles seem like the way to go. But I'm sure there are other ways to reach those goals and I'm not married to any particular implementation yet!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, it could be keys to event chests or redemption like the little robot or the Legacy swap or...

I'd prefer something that didn't take up inventory, though.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Citan! The /redeem feature you described would work perfectly well for me.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can think of lots of things that wouldn't take up slots. Councils, Guild credits, Dreva Blessings, Wolf tokens that don't expire, Words of Power, etc, etc.

Thread Footer