Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    How do you have the buttons on the Orbweaver laid out?
    I use the Orbweaver in conjunction with a Naga Hex for most games that do not need a large range of skills (and therefore buttons) to be used at all times. They can function on their own, but I set them up to work together. I swap mice as required with games and set them up accordingly.

I use the mouse (especially right mouse button) and movement keys together. I seldom use the A and D keys (by themselves) to move my character left or right. I find movement more fluid and quicker using the two together.

Primary Keys are used for high use skills. Attacks, stuns/quick debuffs, short buffs, heals etc. Instant Skills, minimal cooldown. I use the E key as a "use" key in games.

Secondary Keys are used for potions, mounts, special "sometimes" abilities, skills that are used occasionally or to do something useful. I can map long buffs and debuffs to this as required. Long cooldown skills can be useful here. I sometimes use the R key as a "use" key in games. In PG i cycle items/npc's with R and use with F.

Sundry Keys are for such things as Maps, quest lists, skills trees, mail, crafting etc. In PG #1 is Auto Run.

The Constant Keys are there because they are the most important in terms of muscle memory and used very frequently. PTT and Alt+Tab is a life saver. Shift and Control are mapped using the Primary Keys if required giving me a set of 18 primary keys if needed. This allows me to forgo the 12 button mouse altogether. I find them somewhat cumbersome.

In PG top bottom bar is no modifier, bottom bottom bar is Shift, side bar is Control + Primary/Secondary Keys as required.

I hope that explains it a bit.

Orbweaver...

Hex...

Last edited by ANT3RA; 04-06-2017 at 04:17 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    CPU: Intel Core i7 3770k @ 3.4Ghz
    RAM: 24GB DDR3 @ 1600Mhz
    Graphics: Ati Radeon RX 480 8GB

Playing in DX11 on Fantastic, 1920x1080... getting close to 60 FPS on average with occasional brief drops in populated areas.

Just started playing the other day... trying to break something (client, etc.) or get something to misbehave so I can file my first bug report (yaay). No such luck so far... pretty stable for an "alpha" version. Found an occasional glitch with getting into bed for a power nap (pathing, objects, ...) where the character will keep running in circles around the bed without getting in... trying to reproduce atm (fingers crossed). Loaded up Process Monitor to see what the client is doing to my OS. Maybe I'll get lucky Soon(tm).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Building own comp thus far.... got case, CPU fan, psu.
    CPU: Intel 6700k 4.0ghz
    Ram: 16GB DDR4 @3200
    Graphics: evga gtx 1050 TI

Just need to get couple more fans HDD drives and windows should be up and running next week, can't wait!

Edit: up and running decided to do Linux only this time as tryout no issues at all 60-70 fps everywhere slight drop in Serb no glitch no hiccups no crashes portaling, running graphics at 3 didn't touch the advance settings only raised fps to 90.
    Last edited by Dragone; 04-10-2017 at 05:12 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My build--

Rosewill Mid Tower case black with red led lighting(at least i think its a mid....could be large ha ha, its not small but cant fit more than 1 vc w/o modification)
    Formula V motherboard
    Zalman cooler
    AMD 8350 Black Ed 4ghz
    16G ram
    R390X 8gb VC
    32in UltraWide Lg monitor
    256G SSD samsung
    2--1TB HDD samsung 7200 rpm.
    G15 gaming keyboard
    Left handed Razer Deathadder mouse
    Downloading the game again right now, very interested to see how well this will perform on my setup.

Thought it would do better but its not horrid. I can play most games on near full settings w/o issue but here i seem to get lower fps rates than other games. Beautiful ranges from 17 to 60fps depending where youre at, good ranges from 40 to 60, and beautiful averages 30 to 60 so ill prob play on good for now.

update--after getting off the starter island i can now play at around 44fps on fantastic.

Last edited by blatherbeard; 07-22-2017 at 02:13 PM. Reason: pictures
    "The armies were set, the battle was raging, then a bolt of lightning splits a tree in half after a loud clap of thunder rolls through. Then the rain started......and we all went home. "---Story from the knots in Blatherbeard's Beard.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At home:

i5-2320 3.00 GHz
    16 GB RAM
    GTX 1050 Ti

At work:
    GPD Win

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DE: XFCE
    Kernel: 4.8.13
    CPU: Intel Core i5-6600k
    RAM: 16GB
    GPU: GeForce GTX 1070

---------------------
    from Espinasweb is a Digital Marketing Agency that specializes in website design,
    طراحی سایت
    Last edited by eh3an2010; 06-24-2018 at 08:00 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there a Raspberry Pi or something running inside that Lisa Mac XL case or is it Photoshopped??
    Man, I'd love to have one of those cases.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #29
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmatx View Post
    Is there a Raspberry Pi or something running inside that Lisa Mac XL case or is it Photoshopped??
    Man, I'd love to have one of those cases.
    I was just having a bit of fun and working on some image related stuff on the backend - i.e. it's not real.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww, and here I thought you were testing the game on any possible hardware. It's an awesome picture!

Thread Footer