Combat is slow in this game to say the least. It has a bunch of issues when it comes to the incessant "red text" problem with "accelerators" and is basically slow enough to be a turn-based MMO. Additionally, all weapons swing at the same speed, so you best opt for the highest damage-dealing weapon, or one with the best enchantment. So here are some suggestions as to how this can be fixed.

First and foremost, allow us to see the Global Cooldown (GCD). This will let us know why we're not allowed to punch right after we use our sword's basic slash. It's very tedious to hit a key and it not do anything despite being completely up, especially when you aren't staring at your character to see the animation performed, and especially because the animations are sooooo slow.

Secondly, implement an attack speed variable. This could be as simple as a number that shows the amount of time, in seconds, between each attack. Make swords 1.5s, unarmed 1.0s, knives 1.25s, and staves 2.0s. This will give the game some more variance, and allow for equivalency between the weapons. Right now damage per second (DPS) is solely based on whichever weapon has the best stats because they can all swing at the same speed. For example, if I have a dagger that deals 7 damage, and a sword that deals 15 damage, then I would be dumb to use the dagger because the sword deals double it's damage and swings at the exact same speed. Then, if I found a staff that deals 20 damage, I should wear that because it deals 5 more damage than the sword and can be used at the same rate. The DPS in these scenarios differ only because of the damage on the weapon, not based on any attack speed. If this were to be implemented, ideally the weapons would be balanced in a way that a "same quality" dagger and sword would have the same amount of DPS, but different "base damage." This equates to a sword, having 1.5s attack speed, dealing 15 damage, and a dagger, having 1.25s attack speed, dealing 12.5 damage. Their respective DPS values would then both be 10.

Thirdly, speed up all animations with the exception of a few. When I say "with the exception of a few" I mean the animations that are based on cast-time can stay the same, because those are independent of the instant abilities' animations. I wear a knife/dagger, so I know what it means to have a slow animation. I don't even care that 90% of the Knife Fighting animations are the same exact animation, I only care that I am able to do them as fast as a dagger should be able to swing, not as if I'm wearing a heavy-ass mace. A dagger is meant to be light-weight and quick, but it takes a good second for me to swing the thing, just like everything else. If anything, this is why I care so much about an "attack speed" stat. If you don't plan on implementing an attack speed stat, then at the very least could you improve the animations on faster-swinging weapons? Punching seems fine, but it could be considered slow too. If you don't know what I'm talking about, just take a look at daggers again. A basic swing attack will take forever to perform.

Fourthly, less strict timer. I get that the devs are trying to stop hacking completely, but some things just need to be let go. At the very least you could compensate for double-ping? That would allow us to cast abilities within an error of margin double of it's current size (more info needed to definitively say this is the current case), reducing the amount of red text we see.

Fifthly, the distance red text shouldn't incur a full cooldown on the abilities, only a GCD. I understand if you want to incur a FULL cooldown on the ones who could potentially be using a speed hack, but sometimes the mobs move and it happens to everyone. If I use a SUPER POWERFUL ABILITY right as the mob moves, then it doesn't go off and gives me a "distance message," saying I'm "out of range by X meters," and it incurs a full cooldown. Why even use that ability?

Lastly, and least-ly, jumping could be improved greatly. I like to strafe jump a lot of the time, or just jump in general. If the aim is to keep jumping like the way it is, I can understand because we can walk up mountains; however, I personally prefer a more free-form jumping so I can jump while I walk around and jump while I fight mobs. This is more of a quality of life change, rather than a necessary one.