Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Animal Handling Fixes (Just Ideas)

First off, I would like to say that Animal Handling is an awesome skill set that is hindered by very interesting mechanics. I just want to repeat that it is not damage that is holding AH back, it is function.

For example:

#1 Pathing
    The pet will sometimes linger, walk, or still be bending a corner when you need it most. The range on the pet is just to far, the pet could match the players speed instead, even if looks a little wonky.

1# Aggro

The second thing that makes animal handling, so lack luster is the fact that pets aggro everything in the vicinity. This is annoying but at the same time interesting. I don’t mind the aggro because this game has just the right amount of OVER AGGRO which also makes the game more fun for some reason. I think the easiest choice would be to just make pets non aggro unless they attack something. This would instantly fix all issues towards aggro.

#3 Healing Skill.
    Pet handling needs to have some sort of healing skill (mechanism) with the player and the pet.

It hit me that there are two skills that could be modified to fix this issue.

That’ll Do, and Feed Pet should be reworked to heal both player, pet and possibly one of them could even be a group heal. This would sync the animal handling together perfectly. Decent Damage and Moderate Heals.

#4 AOE (Just being greedy)
    Maybe each pet could have an AOE that hits 2 mobs at once and with mods that could increase.

I’d like to hear your thoughts fellow players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have not played AH beyond level 30, but I can say I agree to your points! Another point might be to have a skill which specifically removes aggro from you and transfers to pet, so if u want the pet to tank it can do that. Another idea would be that rather than having AOE skills, there can be MODs which make single-target skills to AOE like fire breath, or many cuts in sword! I am keenly waiting to see how AH will be buffed!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raozum View Post
    I have not played AH beyond level 30, but I can say I agree to your points! Another point might be to have a skill which specifically removes aggro from you and transfers to pet, so if u want the pet to tank it can do that. Another idea would be that rather than having AOE skills, there can be MODs which make single-target skills to AOE like fire breath, or many cuts in sword! I am keenly waiting to see how AH will be buffed!
    Yes, another thing that needs to be changed as far as function is the range of pet skills.

I think the range of pet skills should be widened because of the fact that mods are sometimes connected to a pet skill.

Take for instance that Sic em! has a sprint mod...

I hate having my toon turn away from where I am running just to run backwards in order for me to cast a spell.

It should just happen in order to smooth gameplay.

Range should at least be 60-70 meters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another thought just hit me.

In most MMO's with a pet class system, the pet skills are able to be set on auto so that the player doesn't have to use a GCD for the pet.

I feel that using a GCD on pet is actually dramatically lowering DPS.

Thread Footer