Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AOE Build - The Torrential Fang (Lycan/Psych)

I always wondered what all the lycan hype was about, so instead of turning my max tradeskills char into a lycan, I made an alt and I must say, he's quite the killer!

I know there's been interest in end game AOE builds, so here it is: The Torrential Fang! Torrential because this build literally rains down death and Fang because well, bite is the main skill.

Lycan Skills:

Pouncing Rake (Stun, DPS)
    Skulk (Dmg Boost, Tanking)
    See Red (Dmg Boost, Tanking)
    Bite (Main DPS skill, AOE)
    Double Claw (DPS)
    Pack Attack (DPS)

Psychology Skills:

Mock (Combat refresh, DPS)
    But I Love You (Stun, DPS, Debuff)
    Psychoanalyze (DPS, Debuff)
    Tell Me About Your Mother (Mez, Buffs YWA, Some DPS)
    You Were Adopted (DPS)
    Pep Talk (Heals)

Here's some screenies of the last 2 psychology skills:

Note that this is the YWA dmg without the boost from But I Love You on the chest.

The GorgonExplorer build code is: jgr20lwo . This has all the gear the build uses. Note that I craft max enchanted stuff, so everything has 6-7 mods. If you have less mods available, obviously you will have to prioritize. Make sure you get all the bite mods though!

Also note that you can get the damage on bite up to 9k+ if you swap a psych skill for Positive Attitude and do the Core attack dmg mod on MainHand and Legs. Don't forget to use the 20% lycan dmg potion from alchemy and get the passive dmg bonuses from the quest statue every month. Also, get the lycan/psych belt.

With the above, and if you can find a good way to use the pack attack mod boosting base lycan dmg on the shield and helm, I imagine you would 1 shot GK mobs. This could make a super OP build that uses these 2 mods as group DPS support to AOE clear GK.

Additionally, I highly recommend using transmutation/augmentation and doing phrenology to get psych to at least 80 so stuff doesn't resist YWA. Endurance 55 is all I needed, with all crafted wolf armor, crafted staff and GK jewelry/shield.

Well that's it, enjoy!...and many apologies if this gets the wolf nerfed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is an Awesome post, Thank you so much for the insight on this build.

I now have some interest in Animal forms.
    Attempting to make guides and streams for the game via YouTube.
    Feel Free to stop by!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFR..._as=subscriber

Live Stream link
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFR...WlAwq-evw/live

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's allot of aoe o.0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does going Lycan impact ability to level and use any of the trade skills ?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Panties... you.... you cow traitor! (j/k)

All jokes aside I keep seeing links and discussion about this build and the damage just sounds unfair. That one ability does more damage in one hit than almost all builds do in a full minute of their rotation in AoE damage. I'm sure this will get nerfed quickly, I was thinking it would be already when I discussed with a guildmate 6 months ago but I returned to the game to find it intact. I'm guessing when they do this big pass on builds and damage soon it will be changed, but for now its wild. I guess the one downside is the lack of damage reduction, hardly matters when you one shot bosses and all their adds in a single hit.

Panties you are always good at finding these unfair builds. Btw, while I have your thread hijacked: how good would you say cow/unarmed is? I'm working on it right now. I got a perfect set of gear for Cow/Mentalism and its quite strong, but I find the damage lacking (not that its horrible). I'm going to try cow/unarmed before going traitor and giving up my favorite builds for Archery or Lycan. Both just look (and sound) entirely unfair when I calculate damage based on what I have available to view online or when I talk to guildmates who have those builds maxed out.

Thread Footer