Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Invisibilty or sneak

Someone mentioned (in passing) the possibility of rings of invisibilty. I was wondering sort of about this the other day. Is there some way I haven't come across for invising or sneaking? I know you can just run past mobs, but I always (other MMMOs) felt that was cheating a bit. I was disappointed in EQ2 when I told the group "Don't worry, I'll invis us!" and the tank said "Who cares?" and just ran past the leashed mobs. I kind of miss having the skill and the need to sneak or invis past some mobs.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    There are some abilities that reduce your aggro range at the cost of slowing you down. I don't think the reduction is significant enough to help where it matters, in dungeons for instance.

Some sort of sneak skill has been mentioned in passing, a long time ago (sorry, no quote), but don't hold your breath.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Other than one or two items that I'm pretty sure only admin accounts have access to, you might find inspiration from one of the animal forms.
    Spoiler Spoiler:
    Bannerholme Archivist

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, that rabbit ability does not feel like invis at all to me. My image of invis is "cast spell when out of combat, then run a long distance past unaware enemies." The rabbit ability is more of a temporary aggro drop for mobs you are already in combat with. When I've used it to get away from a fight, I still had to run out of range to avoid the mobs re-aggroing on me once the effect was over, so it seemed more useful as a way to avoid getting hit before I could run out of range. To me, the overall effect still feels like running away to make the mobs leash.

Rabbit's Long Ear is more like a sneak though, as is druid's Trackless Steps. I've used the druid ability a few times and liked it (I don't play my druid much so mostly just used it for faster foraging in Serbule). I've never tried the rabbit ability since I didn't want it hogging a slot on my main combat bar. As Niph pointed out though it's just a reduction in aggro range, so you still need to keep some distance from the mobs and it isn't really possible in dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Celedor View Post
    I was disappointed in EQ2 when I told the group "Don't worry, I'll invis us!" and the tank said "Who cares?" and just ran past the leashed mobs. I kind of miss having the skill and the need to sneak or invis past some mobs.
    For what it's worth, I feel your disappointment. I started playing EQ again a couple years ago, and my scenario was "Oh, I have all these cool aggro removal spells now! Let me just carefully knock these two mobs out of our way and ... " Ranger: "Let's just attack and kill them. It's faster." Sigh. At least killing the mobs feels less like cheating than leashing them.

I'm not really sure if I want a true invis in PG... There are several dungeon chests I can think of that don't have mobs near them, so being able to just invis up to them would be far too easy. At times, it would be nice to have more sneak or invis options for scouting, though.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The druid skill:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Unfortunately I haven't found it to be very utilitarian in that regard. It might work if the range aspect wasn't involved, just the timer.

Thread Footer