Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Angry Bug: Cursor Stuck

My friend is having a bug that is pretty much causing him to stop playing the game. He's too lazy to post in the forums about it so I'll do my best to find a solution for him

He is currently having a bug where his Target Box (that blue wireframe box around a target) is not actually around his target but off-center. Also, his mouse sometimes gets stuck randomly on the screen when he opens up the loot window. Is this common or has anyone experienced this before and found a fix?

Video of Bug

Thank you,

Munchie
    Last edited by MunchieDog; 01-30-2018 at 07:11 PM.

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Whatever is under the mouse cursor shows a semi-translucent box that's separate from the selection box. It sounds like he is seeing that box and thinking it's the selected thing because the mouse cursor is not in the place he thinks it should be. So likely all the same bug: the mouse isn't where he wants it to be.

We use the OS mouse cursor so there are not a lot of ways this can happen in game code. If it's stuck in the exact dead-center of the screen, that's something that could conceivably happen code, because Unity moves the mouse cursor to the center of the screen during mouse-look mode. But if it's getting stuck in random places on the screen, that's not likely to be caused by the game. So the first thing I would check is to see if his mouse has dying batteries or a short in the cable.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If mouse gets stuck in loot window and prevent you from looting try look away, for me it used to get back to normal when i do that at least.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is a video of my friend showing off the bug:

Youtube Mouse Cursor Bug

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #5
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the video! Stuck in the dead center ... yeah, that's definitely caused by mouselook mode not stopping correctly when you let go of the right mouse button. Did this start with the most recent update (on Friday) or was it happening before that?

To fix, you should be able to just right-click and pan the camera a bit. By explicitly going into mouselook mode and letting go, it should fix the mouse state. But I don't know what could cause that. There must be something unique about how he's playing, like chording the mouse keys by accident or something. If anybody has insight into how to reproduce that, I'd appreciate it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Disable any virtual joystick Unity doesn't support them if you use one, deactivated it through "Device Management". Go to "Human interface devices" and try to deactivated them 1 by 1 and check your game.

If you are on windows press windows+r button and write devmgmt.msc to open the Device Management.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, if you have Accessibility options on that might do it. There's a Sticky Keys that if you press a certain single key n times (like five or ten) then other keys (like control keys, mouse keys) will 'stick' in the down position. It's avilable by default in Windows, but the trigger key you have to press is something weird like ctrl or shift but could be anything. Some manufacturer drivers also have this option.

Sometimes a physically dying mouse or low battery/poor wireless condition will fail to send the key-up signal, too.

Just running down the things aside from the game that can happen.
    Last edited by Crissa; 01-31-2018 at 10:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for all the replies! I'll see if he is able to get it fixed but I don't think he'll be returning to the game, unfortunately.

Update
    I sent him your reply about sticky-keys and ever since the beginning he's been having issues with sticky keys so we might have found a solution!
    Last edited by MunchieDog; 02-01-2018 at 07:40 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought I should mention I have been getting this bug since I started playing on the 14th of January. Never submitted a bug report as I haven't been able to purposefully replicate it, but it happens fairly often.

EDIT: Also I do not have issues with sticky keys, I have them disabled. I play in windowed mode as well if that has any effect. Also I do not play on wireless, I haven't had any connection issues.
    Last edited by darxash; 02-03-2018 at 10:26 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @darxash

Thanks for checking that. I hope they can figure out what it is ^-^ Cursor bugs can be so aggravating to try to hunt down!

Thread Footer