Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)

Update Discussion: January 27, 2018

The update notes are here: https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...anuary-27-2018

Discussion in this thread! (But please remember to report any bugs through the in-game reporting system as well.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New player, love the game and excited to see these features a week into my play. I know for sure I've thought about wishing folders and inventory search was part of the game and glad it's already here

Hoping the isearch functionality might be plausible to utilize with player run shops as well to reduce the time searching for things we're looking for or filter out by item rarity.

I did hope that some of these folders would be unlocked at an earlier stage of gameplay since as a new player in any MMO I tend to packrat more things than I should until I learn if any of the lowbie mats sell for more than NPC value to crafters. With limited inventory as it was, a folder would help with gathered mat sorting or random mob drops.

The auto-sort feature was helpful and if inventory management was still part of the future development focus might there be a chance that this would auto-stack items to the max size limit as well? Condensing stacks manually does get tedious at times.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are there any plans to extend the folder system to player-run stalls? I can see some practical use of a merchant dividing groups of items into convenient subdivisions for easy navigation on the consumer end of things, especially since there's no easy way of finding what merchant offers what apart from just clicking on each one and scrolling through their stock.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, there are definitely some bugs in this update.

1) Marna's gone from her shop. She may have fallen under the building
    2) The lighting around characters is very dark. It's like there's a light on each character, but set to darkness instead of light. It's very weird walking around.
    3) Text overlay on stacks of items (the numbers counting the item in a stack) is now comically large in the inventory menu. It seems fine on NPC vendors.
    4) Nelson Ballard is also missing. He seems to be under the floor.
    Last edited by sudostahp; 01-27-2018 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you for the update i fixed my issue at work and apparently there hardcore filters dont like this game
    Last edited by spider91301; 01-27-2018 at 12:41 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sudostahp View Post
    1) Marna's gone from her shop. She may have fallen under the building
    [...]
    4) Nelson Ballard is also missing. He seems to be under the floor.
    We're working on getting the NPCs back where they should be. In the meantime, we've spawned extra copies of those so you can interact with them while we get the fix out.

Quote Originally Posted by spider91301 View Post
    wont update for me no matter what i do keeps saying outdated and resart but that doesnt do anything
    Just to make sure: Are you running the launcher (not the game itself)?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spider91301 View Post
    wont update for me no matter what i do keeps saying outdated and resart but that doesnt do anything
    Make sure that you're launching from the launcher, not the client directly. If it goes straight to the client window, then it's the wrong executable.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought the patch notes looked awesome. Then I logged into the game and now I'm too busy drooling at my inventory to actually play. Custom colors, pretty default colors, dynamic sizes, labels, drag and move, right click and move... oooh, yes. One thing I might like is the ability to change the order in which the folders appear, for example exchange the position of the third and second folder. This is primarily because I really like the default colors of the folders, but would prefer a slightly different color order. (Yes, I'm weird.)

I'm also not super-fond of the name "folders" - it sounds modern and Windows-y to me. I'll concede though that when I brainstormed on alternative names for container, my names either sounded worse or were already used in plenty of other games for their traditional bags. After seeing the in-game folders, I think I don't really care what they are called, I just want them.
    Last edited by Tagamogi; 01-27-2018 at 02:10 PM.

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #9
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Note: Server was rebooted to fix issues with NPCs standing in the wrong places, and players hilariously being able to change the names of other players' inventory folders.

Quote Originally Posted by Tagamogi View Post
    I'm also not super-fond of the name "folders" - it sounds modern and Windows-y to me.
    I suggested 'sock drawer organizer', but Citan overruled me.
    Last edited by srand; 01-27-2018 at 02:20 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can come up with for alternate names is Tabs or Partitions. But Folders is fine with me.

Thread Footer