Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot Download Game: Error Listed Inside

I keep trying to download the game and I get the following error:

Checksum invalid for http://client.projectgorgon.com/v294/launcherpayloads
    /WindowsPlayer/WindowsPlayer_Data/sharedassets6.assets.resS.0006.dat

Split into two lines because it shortened it as a URL.

I've tried deleting everything that I can find, deleting the folder, doing everything I possibly can, and I just keep getting this error no matter what I do. I'm hoping it randomly fixes itself at some point but.... Please help me. I love this game, just trying to get back into it again and... I just can't.

Please fix your launcher. Literally every patch I come back to I have a problem just like this. It just kills the joy for me. I know I will have to spend 5-6 hours fiddling to get it to work and... I just hate it so much. I don't understand why it has to be so impossible to download every patch.

Edit:

All files deleted from every folder, reloaded and tried again, no success.
    I swear i'd pay $1,000 to fix this forever if I could.
    Last edited by fellentier; 01-22-2018 at 07:26 AM.
    ~Lycanthropomorphic Bull Sage~

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    It's actually not an issue with the launcher, but rather it is likely an issue with the CDN that your particular ISP routes to when updating Project: Gorgon. Since you are not in the United States, it's a safe bet that's exactly the case - which would resolve itself given time. As a workaround, you can try updating through a VPN. There is a free VPN service called Windscribe. Try using Windscribe, then select a US location. Then launch Project: Gorgon. If it updates properly, then you know the reason and worked around it. Please let us know the result.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how to say everything that I want to say properly, so i'll say it the best that I can. Yes, it is a problem with the downloader, because every other game that I play is capable of preforming at the level where it provides me with the ability to download the game when a patch his without a problem, even a game as small as runescape. (this is even smaller then runescape, but point still stands). I absolutely love this game, and played it an insane amount, posted an insane amount on old forums, and was quite active, but that won't stop me from disregarding annoying factual truths.

Foreign internet through a VPN will reduce my download speed to a point where it will literally stall and not download, creating the same issue. You can say it isn't an issue of the game's downloader, but it IS a problem of the game. I love this game, a lot. More then most people know or accept, but hey.. can't argue that on the internet or it ends up being a pissing match, point being though that there's almost nothing I can do. I've tried the VPN route, it leads to speeds which lead to speed errors.

I would like to say thank-you for trying, I highly appreciate your effort in trying to find an option, I haven't seen your name around here before most likely because i'm old as gold and i've been busy so I haven't played since you started, but I believe that this game can grow and prosper, but it really does need to improve it's mechanisms.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    <PSSSTT fellentier> Silvonis is one of the developers, see it says Administrator under his name.

Just wondering, once Steam is involved with the patching isn't this likely to not be an issue anymore?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    <PSSSTT fellentier> Silvonis is one of the developers, see it says Administrator under his name.

Just wondering, once Steam is involved with the patching isn't this likely to not be an issue anymore?
    I know he's an admin, i've just never seen the name before. I started playing about 5 years ago. Maybe i've been blind though, that's always an option, I never said he didn't start playing before me breaker, I just only remember the name cit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My problem too. In the void after Asheron's and tried a few alternatives but seem to end up at Project Gorgon each time. Can't download so will remain in the void.....

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fellentier View Post
    I know he's an admin, i've just never seen the name before. I started playing about 5 years ago. Maybe i've been blind though, that's always an option, I never said he didn't start playing before me breaker, I just only remember the name cit.
    I've been involved for several years and if you haven't seen my name then you're ignoring major announcements and specifically, in this case, the support sticky which you are supposed to read prior to posting support issues.

I've been involved specifically with the network infrastructure and CDN, so I can confidently say that I have an understanding of the issue.

We've explained this before, but I'll reiterate. We have a worldwide CDN with servers located throughout the world. When we push out an update those servers receive the necessary files to distribute via the launcher. Your launcher will connect to the closest CDN server and download the files.

There can occasionally be an issue where a server has a temporary issue updating the files on it's end. When that occurs, and a player tries to update from that server, it will cause an error because it's trying to provide the wrong (old) file(s). It's usually an issue that resolves itself, but it can take time.

Hence, if you use a VPN, you will be able to choose your location and the launcher will connect to a different server and that should resolve the issue. So, all that said - no, it's not an issue with the launcher itself. It's an issue with the server closest to your location. When this happens it's usually an issue with servers outside the United States; therefore, using a VPN to connect to a US location should resolve the issue.

I've personally tested the VPN that I linked and it worked fine. I went out of my way to find, and test, free VPN services just to find a free temporary solution for your issue. There are, of course, paid VPN services that offer better options and functionality but, for a free solution, it's not bad.

Thread Footer