Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Steam necessary to play?

Hello everyone,

Quick question from newcomer interested in trying out Project: Gorgon.

/me briefly waves in greeting

Is it, or will it be, necessary to have Steam to play? I haven't been able to find a definitive answer for this, only that one can link their Steam account to forums and that there are plans to release the game on Steam. The packages in store all offer Steam Alpha/Beta Key, suggesting it will be necessary to use that platform.

I don't use Steam and am very much not interested in doing so.

Thanks in advance for information,
    Medeina

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Q: Steam only?
    A: Silvonis Forum Post (from wiki)
    Steam will be the only way to play, at least for the immediate future. We do anticipate offering an avenue to play outside of Steam, but that will come sometime after launch.
    Old information and maybe subject to change. The actual original post was probably on the old forum, so it is pretty old.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the answer. Unless there's official word otherwise, I'll simply wait and watch until (possibly) the game is available outside of Steam at a later release.

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes, the quote from the wiki is still accurate. Steam will be required to play Project: Gorgon during early access (beta) and at launch but we hope to offer an alternative sometime post-launch. While we understand some hesitation toward Steam, it shouldn't stop anyone who is interested in Project: Gorgon from playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for the official response. My decision remains unchanged, unfortunately.

No doubt I am missing out on some potentially interesting games by not using such platforms as Steam, Uplay, Origin, etc. I used Uplay years ago and despised it for making me feel like a pirate.

Thread Footer