Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Suggestion: Inventory bag-like idea with a twist ..

We have to spend too much game time poking around in the inventory. Organizing the inventory for different tasks is always a struggle. These are some ideas I've had floating around in my head from playing different MMORPGs over the years: rubberbands, blanks, notes

rubberbands: Open up Windows Explorer (the file manager), cruise to a directory where there are a lot of files, hold left-click and drag a box around some files to highlight them. Now imagine being able to drag and select a region in your inventory to create a virtual bag. These virtual bags or rubberbands could be color coded for item type etc.

blanks: Does not hold an item, move when sorted or consume precious inventory space. Its a separator. Blanks could have user selectable icons for item type etc.

notes: Editable note that can be added to a group of inventory spots or bag (ie: need 3 ears, 1 tail).

Sometimes dealing with items in MMOs seems like work. The ability to organize inventory space and even vault space is something I've always wished for. I can picture how some ideas like these could work in this game, with or without bags (not implemented yet), and with other storage (vault) space.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Mobiwan

Oh, I like the idea of rubberbands. They could help group things into a single lump. We could use them for sorting, as well, if things couldn't leave their banded group when you press the 'resort' button. That way we could band together things like gear or tools or gathering items and have them not wander away from where we left them.

(In RL I'm always using carabiners to the same effect. Worried I'll lose my headphones, water bottle, medicine bag through TSA or on the bus? Clip them all to my purse, and then they're one, single item. Get where I'm going, clip my umbrella to my coat when I check or hang them. Keep my dust mask, gloves, ear protection all on one clip so they don't get separated between jobs...)

Blanks could be items that when carried, give you plus 1 inventory when activated. We kinda have notes in the questing UI, but I like the idea of them being things in my inventory! Especially if we have rubberbands: I'd say they'd make great 'blanks', too. Maybe something that there's a crafting recipe for: Use a little paper and ink and you can make a note, which doesn't take up inventory.

What I would like would be some customization on sorting and bulk-stack consolidation. A button to dump all the stuff into stacks that are in another container? Sign me up. No more forgetting to bank those two crafting items you remembered to gather on your dungeon run but want to keep until you have enough for your recipe...

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I definitely like the idea of rubberbands. For an in-game example, I've been switching between cow/psyschology and ice magic/archery during the Ri-Shin event which caused some interesting issues when shuffling items in and out of storage. Switching gear wasn't too bad since I could switch to my saved loadout and check whether I looked fully dressed, but remembering to grab associated items from storage was a problem. I forgot arrows, calligraphy items, sigil scripting inks, armor patch kits, my saw, grass, first aid bombs ... And discovered the missing item anytime between walking away from storage and wondering why I couldn't repair my armor inside the lab. Having a rubberband (preferably labeled) for "archery stuff" and "cow stuff" and just being able to get all of the needed items in and out of the storage at once would have been wonderful.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mobiwan View Post
    We have to spend too much game time poking around in the inventory.
    Yes, indeed.

A filter by type of item might be good. That is, a drop down box or other device, such as a tab or button that only shows you a given type of thing could be useful.

Like wise having "pages" in the inventory my also help. Same idea as filtering, but you have say 4 pages to choose from where you decide what to put.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Crikey. Inventory folders have arrived!

Thread Footer