Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    No, reformatting won't help based on how you've described the issue. Please try playing through a VPN. There is a free vpn service called Windscribe. Try using Windscribe, then select a US location. Then launch Project: Gorgon. Once the update is completed, stay connected via Windscribe and try to play. If you disconnect from Windscribe and then open the launcher, you could run into the same problem - so you will need to continue to use it until the networking issue clears up. Please report back.
    Thank you for your quick response! I found a quick workaround to this problem! It is indeed a network issue. What I did was to connect my mobile tethering, and run the launcher using that, and it started downloading the correct file version. Once the download started, I instantly switched to my normal network (Since i dont have much data left in my mobile network) and downloaded the remaining files. Once that download is done, I made a copy of those files into a new directory, and just to confirm, reran my launcher using my normal network, and it rolled back to the older version. I guess what I am about to do now is to open the game using WindowsPlayer.exe (from the correct updated version 0.4.138 of files i had copied out) and not the launcher, this way I can continue playing on my normal network.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    If you are experiencing issues related to freezing, please make sure that you've tried everything listed in this support thread. Specifically, validate your installation after updating. Make sure that you have no other programs open when you are trying to play Project: Gorgon, including browser windows. Try disabling your anti-virus/firewall temporarily to see if there is improvement. Basically, try EVERYTHING listed in the above referenced thead. Lastly, ensure that you are always using the launcher to play and not the direct excutable.
    Regarding the above post, I had tried almost all the mentioned fixes, and it had not worked Also, like i mentioned earlier, it seems as if I have to play using the direct executable for the time being, until my network decides to work fine. Thank you very much to everyone who had helped

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Feedback on 'OptimizeMeshes'
    Generally an improvement of 5 FPS in Serbule (from c. 30 to 35) plus all stuttering whilst loading artefacts has been eliminated. Much smoother now.
    Screen loading times have reduced i.e. improved
    Using a Mac.

In Gazluk, FPS bouncing between 50 to 80 as I fly over groups of mobs, but no stuttering apparent

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graphics Feedback
    GPU: Radeon RX580 8GB
    CPU: AMD FX-8350

Quality - running on Ultra only costs me about 2-4 fps compared to Fantastic, but feels more fluid and responsive...not to mention looks great! Dipping in and out of water no longer creates graphics stutter.

OptimizeMeshes -
    - No noticeable change to framerate
    - Load times are slightly faster
    - In the graphically updated zones (Serb, Serb Hills), there is a hard, pronounced stutter every single time someone loads into the area. While this does occur sometimes with the option disabled, it only happens when the area is under heavy stress.

Other Feedback

The addition of the right click options for distill/decompose/extract are a wonderful quality of life improvement! Makes life so much simpler when taking that short break from dungeon running to clear your inventory.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read updates, will enjoy starting the game and reporting bug and glitch finds.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First and foremost, I am somewhat aware of how monumental a task it is work on a game of this scope, I am greatly appreciative of the work that has been done to get the game to this stage. I wonder if the changes made to level 70 transmutation were intentional. I'm guessing the fact we can no longer distill some weapons and anything without a specified class on it was not. However, for those of us who missed the boat on getting to 70 transmutation before the patch, the amount of experience required to level transmutation past 60 seems excessive. It is Extremely hard to get enough level 60 items to break down for the exp required for 60-61. This is, of course, considering very few if any people are willing or able to group up for level 60 content. Just to be clear, I'm not asking for it to be easy, but maybe some kind of event could be done to encourage grouping in level 60 content to help people like myself get others interest in groups for this level. I will make a seperate post with suggestions with some ideas for such events.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here is last weeks poetry session. I set the graphics quality to -2. Nvidia 880M 4Gb (SLI off). Lots of humanoids in the picture. The curious thing is that the GPU and CPU aren't particularly busy apart from a few spikes. I didn't graph anything them this time, just a snapshot. Frame rates are 18 - 25.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ty for posting that murk , I noticed the exact same thing . NVidia 1080 . I did try Optimizemeshes but noticed no difference . my frames dropped from a set 60 to around 18-25 as well .

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacapuntas View Post
    However, for those of us who missed the boat on getting to 70 transmutation before the patch, the amount of experience required to level transmutation past 60 seems excessive. It is Extremely hard to get enough level 60 items to break down for the exp required for 60-61.
    This gap has been in place for a while now, but it seems weird to me as well. It really feels like the level 61 transmutation recipe should be learnable at 60 to cover the huge xp increase from 60 to 61. I eventually got from 60 to 61 with a few hundred transmutes - I made the assumption that my xp depended on the recipe used, not the item level, so I was just transmuting anything level 31-60 to slowly get my xp.

Thread Footer