Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do like new update , I also believe many issue reside with the launcher : sometimes i see the update or play Project Gorgon , sometimes i do not . Sometimes after logging in i see characters list sometimes it hangs waiting for character list which never happens . so i exit then restart launcher sometimes it works sometimes not . I'm using V7 laucher

As for in game : I can play ultra or bad .. fraps good either way . but the erratic character swings in serbule and kur and other areas still happens perhaps not as bad but its noticeable .

Side note . When you added abilitiestip x /y it never went to top left corner no matter what setting i put it at , you then fixed and updated those , still never goes to top left corner but it does go higher and towards left . just not all the way . which brings up a problem which might be related . low res ground ? as no matter what setting it is on the item on ground never is above ground , depending on setting i can get it to show up partially above ground . which might be related to all those survey issues of the node not being found or seen even when at spot ? also related in dungeons trying to click exit from doorway say not close enough yet can get no closer sometimes i try to jump click it works . again perhaps something to do with low res ground ? ...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheawanna View Post
    I also believe many issue reside with the launcher : sometimes i see the update or play Project Gorgon , sometimes i do not . Sometimes after logging in i see characters list sometimes it hangs waiting for character list which never happens . so i exit then restart launcher sometimes it works sometimes not . I'm using V7 laucher
    How did u fix using the launcher? My game keeps downloading the old client version! T_T

Any admin/devs can help please?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raozum View Post
    How did u fix using the launcher? My game keeps downloading the old client version! T_T

Any admin/devs can help please?
    One person had a similar issue before, you could maybe check the following thread and maybe see if it applies to you as well.
    https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...updating/page2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ShieldBreaker View Post
    One person had a similar issue before, you could maybe check the following thread and maybe see if it applies to you as well.
    https://forum.projectgorgon.com/show...updating/page2
    Hello there, thank you for that link to that page. My problem seems to be the exact same as the one in the thread. I have tried using VPN to download, and im sure its downloading the correct files (430ish files on 3950 MB vs. the problematic 431 files on 3967 MB). I have not downloaded the game fully as my VPN is a free version, and downloads at 14-15 KB/s. I've tried completely removing my browser cache, cleared DNS cache using CMD, deleted whatever registry entry i could find, any "TempData" type folders and even tried it on a different account. Like the thread says, this seems to be a network cache problem. How do i reset my network cache?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    ... How do i reset my network cache?
    I don't think you can have any effect on that, it is at the Internet Service provider Level or Telecom Level. If it is the issue I am thinking of, it is usually something that gets sorted out eventually, but your using a workaround to bypass it currently. Not really all that knowledgeable about networking and such, so kind of only guessing .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think you can have any effect on that, it is at the Internet Service provider Level or Telecom Level.
    Thats sad...looks like I can't do anything about it...:/ What about reformatting my PC? I was about to do it one day anyway, will that have an effect?

If it is the issue I am thinking of, it is usually something that gets sorted out eventually, but your using a workaround to bypass it currently. Not really all that knowledgeable about networking and such, so kind of only guessing .
    So I just gotta wait it out eh? As of now I've not played yet, even using the workaround.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats sad...looks like I can't do anything about it...:/ What about reformatting my PC? I was about to do it one day anyway, will that have an effect?
    Not unless your computer has a cached copy of the internet on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissa View Post
    Not unless your computer has a cached copy of the internet on it.
    So....does that mean I should try the formatting?

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #19
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    So....does that mean I should try the formatting?
    No, reformatting won't help based on how you've described the issue. Please try playing through a VPN. There is a free vpn service called Windscribe. Try using Windscribe, then select a US location. Then launch Project: Gorgon. Once the update is completed, stay connected via Windscribe and try to play. If you disconnect from Windscribe and then open the launcher, you could run into the same problem - so you will need to continue to use it until the networking issue clears up. Please report back.

10.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #20
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    If you are experiencing issues related to freezing, please make sure that you've tried everything listed in this support thread. Specifically, validate your installation after updating. Make sure that you have no other programs open when you are trying to play Project: Gorgon, including browser windows. Try disabling your anti-virus/firewall temporarily to see if there is improvement. Basically, try EVERYTHING listed in the above referenced thead. Lastly, ensure that you are always using the launcher to play and not the direct excutable.

Thread Footer