Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hello From Ryker!

Hey everyone,

Finally got signed up on the game a few days ago after waiting what I now know was far too long to join up. I caught wind of this game maybe a year ago and between being stuck playing other MMO's and other time constraints, I continued to push aside the idea of firing it up. Something I now regret. It's a pretty amazing thing going on here.

A bit of background from me in the gaming world. I got my introduction to MMO's when I played Neverwinter on AOL. Yeah, way back. I didn't think much of it as an MMO at the time and I'm not even sure it was referred to as such but looking back, that was the first for me and I loved it. That ended up being shut down and a few years later, I was introduced to a game by the name of Everquest. My years playing that, especially the early ones, are why I am really appreciating Project Gorgon. I had no idea what I was doing back then and still have some great stories to tell about getting lost or horribly funny ways that I managed to die. It was a brutal learning curve at times but I wouldn't trade that experience for any gaming experience that I have had since.

The years moved on and the games got prettier but along came the hand-holding. It's something I've gotten used to as it has really become nearly unavoidable. I have run the gauntlet through virtually every MMO out there. I've spent the longest amount of time on EQ2, WoW, Rift, LOTRO, DCUO and AO. EQ2 is probably my favorite of the bunch as I still play on there every now and again and I think the depth of the game is better than any others that I've played. It's not the best looking game out there but that has never been my #1 must have and it looks good enough to me.

Before playing PG, I had heard the stories of poor graphics, unfinished areas, etc. I had never participated in something that wasn't already a finished product(not counting expansions), so I wasn't sure was I was getting into. I'm still early into the game but the "poor graphics" statements must come from the people that must have BDO graphics because they look pretty good to me. The skill system - wow. The amount of things to do is amazing and I'm just getting started. I've always been one to prefer the structure of a ready made class but I have to say, I'm finally excited to create my own way in this game.

I could go on and on but if anyone has made it this far, I won't bore you anymore. I appreciate you reading through this and I'm happy to be a part of this community. I hope to see it continue to grow and prosper. It's clear this is a project of passion from its creator and I hope to support it to the best of my abilities along the way.

See you in game!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Hi Ryker, welcome to Project: Gorgon.

Your intro was an interesting read, you certainly have way more experience with MMOs than I do. Getting lost and horribly funny dying are things I do well in PG. Glad you found the game and you still have plenty of time to play before the full launch.

Hope to see you in game.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome to the game and thanks for the nice long intro read! I think your short list is of the MMOs you spent the most time in is twice as long as the list of MMOs I have played at all. Good to have you and I hope you'll continue having fun in PG!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Welcome to PG my friend. Nice intro there my first was AC and then FFXI which was a lot like EQ in many ways. Any how have fun playing bud.

Thread Footer