Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cannot log into game

Using Linux client. Client launches, log in and it hangs at "Working: Received characters, waiting to pick character" Flag animation is still going, so it looks like it is waiting on input from me. I am logged into the website, and logged out and back in no problem. Tried logging in as a guest, could agree to the EULA, but on the Code of Conduct, I can click Agree, but it does not do anything. I can click Disagree, and launcher closes. Dont know if they are related, but cant log in either way.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is the Agree button the same color as the cancel button, or is it less bright? The Agree button won't activate until you have read the entire Code of Conduct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, I did scroll down, just like the EULA and the Agree button highlights. Also, the button "click" animation happens, but doesnt do anything.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    And on the screen "Working: Received characters, waiting to pick character" It doesn't list any character names on the flag or have a + sign on the flag that says below it Create New Character, just above the logout button.

If that is the case that is very strange. Could try reinstalling the game, while waiting for a more definitive answer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, nothing under the line "Working..." I will give reinstall a try. Thanks for the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, after more digging, found and resolved the issue. I noticed when trying to delete the files that I didnt have permission. (Could not uninstall since the launcher was in the same folder) root owned the folders that Project Gorgon ran in. So chowned those permissions to that folder, still no go. Deleted the files. Started launcher, and username was already filled in, so I knew there were files somewhere else. Looked through hidden folders in home and found under .config/untiy3d the player.log read through that and saw "Access to the path "/home/.../.config/unity3d/Elder Game/Project Gorgon/GorgonConfig.txt" is denied." so that told me it that was still owned by root, so I chowned all of ~/. and I am now able to log in and select a character.

Just documenting it for the devs if they need it, or any other player that may have an issue.

Thread Footer