Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game client crash

I play this game in fullscreen and it runs fine.
    Beside some wierd lag spikes that makes the cam angle turn around in different directions
    that i run and look. But i guess thats alpha beta bugs or something.

Also everytime i exit the game then the client dont respond and i get an error that says "windows player dont respond anymore"
    and i can choose to shutdown the program or wait for it to terminate.

How do i fix that ?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also have this problem

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #3
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    Also everytime i exit the game then the client dont respond and i get an error that says "windows player dont respond anymore"
    and i can choose to shutdown the program or wait for it to terminate.
    How do i fix that ?
    This one popped with with the last update, with the Windows client only. It should be fixed with the next update.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have two accounts and only the account with my Main does this ?
    I have the two accounts installed on separate drives.
    The Main account on Drive E:/ is a Seagate and it's the one that crashes every time when exiting with the Media player problem, the game installed on the Western Digital closes correctly no problems.
    The install on the Western Digital is just a copy paste of my Main install, so I will try just copying it back to the Seagate to see if it still crashes ?
    Be interesting to know if the others with this problem also have the game installed on a Seagate Drive ?
    Other than this very minor problem the game runs great other than as everyone notices the turn around lag spikes

One other thing is that I run my main account through the Launcher and the Second account which is my Sons and I help him out with his Toon now and again as he doesn't get much time to play, I just use the Windows Player.exe to launch the game as any updates that come along get done to my main install and then I just delete and paste the main install back onto the Western Digital.
    Hope this helps a little more
    Ok just started my main account with The Windowsplayer.EXE and when I quit the game didn't crash only seems to crash if i use the Launcher to start the game.
    I know we need to use the Launcher for any game updates, is there any problem if we use the Windowsplyer.exe instead and only use the Launcher when there are updates ?
    Last edited by Gardum; 01-14-2018 at 04:13 PM. Reason: Add additional information

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gardum View Post
    I know we need to use the Launcher for any game updates, is there any problem if we use the Windowsplyer.exe instead and only use the Launcher when there are updates ?
    Oops, I've always deleted the launcher after installing the update. Is that wrong? I've never had any issues launching from the .exe, though.

6.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #6
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmatx View Post
    Oops, I've always deleted the launcher after installing the update. Is that wrong? I've never had any issues launching from the .exe, though.

You should always run Project: Gorgon through the launcher. You are missing important updates, patch notes, etc. You should not run the game by simply launching the executable.

Thread Footer