Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to me that, especially with an upcoming steam release, the game should at least look to mitigate ways players can actively hinder newbies.

This just seems like an oversight, and likely the exception because I can't really imagine any other ways to influence another player's journey negatively beyond this sort of thing (maybe the cauldrons, but they're pretty ominous, I guess.) - Most items inform the player that there is a potential consequence on use, not for just picking it up.

Anyway, the obvious solution in this situation would be to simply make it so picking up yellow crystals requires X mining skill: "You require at least level 25 mining to pick that item up."

I'd guess as time goes on this sort of thing would become more common, so it makes sense to introduce a safeguard sooner rather than later.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oxlazr View Post
    Anyway, the obvious solution in this situation would be to simply make it so picking up yellow crystals requires X mining skill: "You require at least level 25 mining to pick that item up."
    Yeah, that's a good idea. Enough that someone won't be a newbie to the 'everything can blow up in your face' aspect. And perhaps high enough that they could at least travel to where a cure was, even if it wouldn't be someplace they'd normally hang out.

I've seen newbies get ravaged by other curses, too, and while I've felt that crushing despair of having a debuff from a boss when I either fell out of a group or the group disbanded...

Maybe give lower-level players an emote cue (like that blaring horns but less scary) for when they've got one of the weird debuffs? Or let other players see the debuffs on someone so we could try to help a little better?

Not being able to see people's buffs and debuffs is something I miss from other games.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you think that's bad,you'll get a kick out of this.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1958_T...-air_collision

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a new player too but i actually find it very fun to have a game with a lot of mysteries, but i agree that dangerous items should have some kind of warning.

Thread Footer