Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

User Tag List

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A few other things. If someone is using multiple monitors, or multiple windows, things don’t resize themselves properly. The “Welcome to Project: Gorgon” box’s text tends to overflow. No horizontal scroll bar is provided at any window width, which can cause reading problems. Posts themselves don’t wrap beyond a certain point, A default Windows 7 split-screen tab at 100% zoom cuts off about 5 characters of text from the end of each line in a post or thread topic.

On a mobile device, the “Welcome to Project Gorgon” box overflows from the darker image being used for its background. The overflown text sometimes blends into the foggy background image. Also on mobile, while threads and topic lists scale reasonably, the forum home page layout prevents scaling of the actual important information (the topic links). The “Latest Thread Activity” and “Twitter Feed” while great, impede the usefulness of the forum home page on mobile.

There also seems to be a missing “Forum Footer” on the sub-forum pages. For example, on the “Gorgon Community” sub-forum page, there is a large empty box titled “Forum Footer.”
    Bannerholme Archivist

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #12
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BetaNotus View Post
    A few other things. If someone is using multiple monitors, or multiple windows, things don’t resize themselves properly. The “Welcome to Project: Gorgon” box’s text tends to overflow. No horizontal scroll bar is provided at any window width, which can cause reading problems. Posts themselves don’t wrap beyond a certain point, A default Windows 7 split-screen tab at 100% zoom cuts off about 5 characters of text from the end of each line in a post or thread topic.

On a mobile device, the “Welcome to Project Gorgon” box overflows from the darker image being used for its background. The overflown text sometimes blends into the foggy background image. Also on mobile, while threads and topic lists scale reasonably, the forum home page layout prevents scaling of the actual important information (the topic links). The “Latest Thread Activity” and “Twitter Feed” while great, impede the usefulness of the forum home page on mobile.

There also seems to be a missing “Forum Footer” on the sub-forum pages. For example, on the “Gorgon Community” sub-forum page, there is a large empty box titled “Forum Footer.”

Thanks for the additional feedback. As far as viewing the webpage on multiple monitors, it is not currently supported and we recommend viewing the website on a single monitor. It may be an issue that I address in the future though. As for mobile browsing, it is trickier because it depends on phone itself, the operating system and the browser. That said, I am looking at implementing a very simple mobile design that will allow users to use the forums without the frills.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Hey, Silvonis! I think we talked a long, long time ago about different themes that a user might switch between. Is that available yet?

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by srand View Post
    Hey, Silvonis! I think we talked a long, long time ago about different themes that a user might switch between. Is that available yet?
    No, but I will be looking at creating and implementing an extremely basic style for mobile. The issue with multiple styles is that there is a ton of custom backend code that would need to be modified for each.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [FONT=Garamond]It's hard to assume what browsers people use. Is there a survey function on the forum? If we assume firefox is a primary browser, then I can say that the text boxes tend to cut off the bottom of letters. In typing Greyfyn, I could not be sure I had y and not v typed because it did not fit in the box.

Another case of the text being too close to the border and being tough to read is on the welcome post. If there was a couple of pts around the text, it would not bleed into the border. I assume it's not an em--a scaleable font, so it will continue being a very large type on a very small screen for a phone. On my ipad mini, the welcome note bleeds way down into the border underneath the text block by three lines. We're talking refinements here.[/FONT]

[FONT=Comic Sans MS]PS:
    Oh, and if posters want to not talk in caps, they can use the "Go Advanced" button down below and be as fontly creative as they like.[/FONT]
    Last edited by Greyfyn; 12-23-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Can we get spoiler tags added?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Silvonis View Post
    Thanks for the additional feedback. As far as viewing the webpage on multiple monitors, it is not currently supported and we recommend viewing the website on a single monitor. It may be an issue that I address in the future though. As for mobile browsing, it is trickier because it depends on phone itself, the operating system and the browser. That said, I am looking at implementing a very simple mobile design that will allow users to use the forums without the frills.
    I'm a php dev & web designer. I'd be more than happy to lend a hand if needed.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, I see that the option to change text type has been removed. I state again that your design choice is not readable. As a contributor, I find walls of this font choice impenetrable and will continue to save off messages elsewhere to read them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I did not see an option to upvote, like or thank an author of particular comment to show my support or approval for the particular point in that comment. It would be great to have such a feature.

EDIT:
    Further I noticed everyone who registers gets 25 points. I registered among the first people and did not receive my registration points
    Last edited by Erthiel; 12-24-2016 at 01:55 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Auth View Post
    Can we get spoiler tags added?
    I second this

Also erthiel + i think point are for posting not just registering. Sometime points for mz post atke a whiel to load so thsi might eb it too.

Thread Footer