Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

All Blog Entries

1. Dev Blog, July 7 2017

Hi guys! I didn't have anything too groundbreaking to report, so I skipped a blog post there. But that's not to say we aren't working hard! In fact, it's been frustrating, because we have some really interesting things in the works, but I don't want to talk about them too soon before they're ready.

Case in point: the new GUI is still in internal testing. Even though it's up and running here, there's still so many little bugs, glitches, and loose ends that I'm not exactly sure when ...
    Categories
    Project: Gorgon
  2. Dev Notes, June 6, 2017

A quick "I'm not dead" blog post today.

This week I'm working through a bunch of data bugs and we'll have a hotfix update tomorrow or Friday. (Hotfixes don't require a new client download, and only have a minute of down-time for the server, so we just put them up whenever they're ready.) There are a bunch of rabbit-ability-related fixes, plus some changes to food and item drops, and lots of other little things that have been collecting back here.

Global ...
    Categories
  3. Dev Notes, May 30, 2017

Recharging

After the last major update (the Serbule graphics update), I was planning to take some time off to recharge. But immediately after the update we had a mad scramble to fix lots of crashing bugs, so my break had to be delayed. But after all that, I was pretty exhausted, so I took a full week off.

I pretty much just slept and lounged around, and it was nice, but I was pretty excited to get back in the saddle this week. So let's take a look at some of the stuff ...
    Categories
  4. Dev Notes, May 2, 2017

What's taking so long?!

I'm STILL debugging the next snapshot. The good news is that performance is no longer the hold up: the framerate is as good or better than what's live right now. But there are still some hard-to-diagnose crashing problems. The most vexing problem is a scenario where some older (but still very popular) video cards just ... die. After running fine for a while, the drivers just silently crash. Something the game is doing causes the drivers to crash, but we can't ...
    Categories
  5. Dev Blog, April 20 2017

This is just a quick update to last week's blog post, because I'm still working the same things! Progress on the Serbule revisions and the Brewing skill are coming along, but we're still a week or so away from being ready to launch.

Serbule Updates
    This particular iteration of Serbule is focusing on three things: the textures and models in Serbule city (some of which are already live), the terrain (the grasses, trees, and so on), and the sky. We develop iteratively, so I'm ...
    Categories
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast