Welcome to Project: Gorgon!

Project: Gorgon is a 3D fantasy MMORPG (massively-multiplayer online role-playing game) that features an immersive experience that allows the player to forge their own path through exploration and discovery. We won't be guiding you through a world on rails, and as a result there are many hidden secrets awaiting discovery. Project: Gorgon also features an ambitious skill based leveling system that bucks the current trend of pre-determined classes, thus allowing the player to combine skills in order to create a truly unique playing experience.

The Project: Gorgon development team is led by industry veteran Eric Heimburg. Eric has over a decade of experience working as a Senior and Lead Engineer, Developer, Designer and Producer on successful games such as Asheron’s Call 1 and 2, Star Trek Online and other successful Massively Multiplayer Online Games.

Recent Blogs Posts

1. Project: Gorgon Testing Guide!

Welcome to the Project: Gorgon Alpha Test!

Whether you are a seasoned video game tester or if this is your first testing experience, this guide will prepare you for the road ahead!

I. UNDERSTANDING EARLY DEVELOPMENTAL TESTING

What exactly is “early developmental testing” and what are you supposed to do in it? I’ll give you a brief overview of the developmental process and help define your role in it.

A. The Stages of Development
    Categories
    Project: Gorgon
  2. Dev Notes, March 10 2017

Building Gazluk Keep -- the new group dungeon in Gazluk -- took a lot more time to finish than we originally anticipated. A big chunk of the extra time was spent on basic optimization. This is a big dungeon with a lot of enemies, but still the dungeon had much worse framerate than we expected. We don't do a lot of client-side optimization during alpha, so I was pretty rusty at it, and there were new Unity tools to learn how to use, too. All in all, we learned a lot about how to optimize large-scale ...
    Categories
    Project: Gorgon