takatoka
01-04-2018, 09:31 AM
excellent read on asherons call, asherons legacy and project gorgon

https://www.pcgamesn.com/asherons-call/asherons-call-mmo-project-gorgon

Tagamogi
01-04-2018, 02:59 PM
excellent read on asherons call, asherons legacy and project gorgon

https://www.pcgamesn.com/asherons-call/asherons-call-mmo-project-gorgon

Interesting article, thanks for linking.

To me, the article seems to portray PG a bit too much as a nostalgic substitute for the good old games. That fits in with the article's overall theme, but it seems a bit limiting to me. I've never played Asheron's Call, but I can't say I feel all that nostalgic about other MMOs I've previously played. I liked certain aspects of them, but I'm not playing PG in an effort to revisit those MMOs. PG feels different and original to me, and I quite like it that way.

Anyway, I'm being picky and it's good to see PG get some publicity. And of course, I'm happy to have the ex-Asheron's Call players around, too. :)

Roekai
01-04-2018, 06:44 PM
sweet! AC Grandpa plays PG! We have a legend, folks.

Khaylara
01-04-2018, 11:25 PM
I don't think "AC Grandpa" is a rarity in PG though, we're probably the community with the highest average age I've ever seen in an MMO. Glad he found something else to enjoy:)

Hood
01-05-2018, 04:51 AM
Welcome AC Grandpa! Get your grandkids to join. Also have fun

takatoka
01-05-2018, 09:08 PM
i'm 67 and there's more of us in the game

Madmatx
01-06-2018, 12:21 AM
Maybe Elder Game should rename this game to "Project: Get Off My Lawn, the MMORPG"

srand
01-06-2018, 09:13 AM
we're probably the community with the highest average age I've ever seen in an MMO

Possibly the highest average age on the devs, too!

Edit: Or maybe I just feel that old some days. :)

Aionlasting
01-06-2018, 10:57 AM
I'm 30 :/ but I was 13 when I started playing Ac2, my first MMORPG ever and the love of my MMO heart to this day :) Citan used to work on that game and I remember him being active in discussions on the old ac2 forums. I remember he was very passionate about the game too. Its the main reason why I'm here, I enjoy his style of game development, though I'm not a big fan of having to use reagents to teleport... just give me portal recall or lifestone recall hehe :D

HardRock
01-27-2018, 11:42 AM
Maybe Elder Game should rename this game to "Project: Get Off My Lawn, the MMORPG"
"Project Whipper Snapper"