PDA

View Full Version : New ways to donate.. nice

kell.shepherd
01-17-2017, 06:04 PM
Nice job setting up the Shop and Donate options. This will be good for those who missed out on the Kickstarter and Indiegogo opportunity.

One question that may have been answered in the old forums.. for those players in animal form, if they buy the Horse Explorer package will piggie be able to ride or is it just a drawback to the glories of being an animal?

drivendawn
01-17-2017, 06:25 PM
Indeed, I will be donating more when I can. Every time they have a way to donate I do. :D

Elkhound
01-17-2017, 07:42 PM
Nice to have the options to donate

Spiritfingers
01-17-2017, 11:42 PM
Is there a way to upgrade a pledge made on indigogo kickstarter? I'm not asking for myself but I know this has come up a few times in chat.

jackybah
01-18-2017, 01:47 AM
It sure is nice to have new ways to contribute to the game financially.

I would like to post some thoughts / feedback regarding Silvonis' announcement and the shop.

A. I was wondering if there could be an option to support the game in smaller monthly payments (say 5 $ a month). In the way that Patreon supports this.

B. would it be possible to 'save up' credit over the course of months. And at a later date (say after 1,5 years, haveing saves up 90$ credit) use that total credit amount to 'buy' a 75$-Horderider perk.

C. I noticed that from the 'Shop'-sub-website there were no easy links back to the main-website.

D. My biggest concern however is the new introduction of showing Total Donations in the left side of the forum. I don't necessarily object to my own amount being displayed there (tho I probably do to some extent). My main concern here is that this will create a (sub?)concious feeling of E-peen. I feel members will be judged and compared based on this number. (I have recollection of WoW's introduction of gearscore which had severe negative repercussions for the way players regarded eachother. And Wow's gearscore was just for gear. Since this is real world money based, I fear the consequences might be worse.

Kind Regards

Jacky

nimto
01-18-2017, 03:12 AM
Was really happy to see that i got another chance to donate. Unfortunately i still cant cose of the lack of payment options.
paypall isnt a option for me due to problems with them in the past. Thats also the reason why i don't use a creditcard any longer on gamesites it would be nice if you could add a few more payment options like paysafecard etc.It will bring in more donations i am sure.
I otherwise will have to wait till the steamversion comes out were they have those options.
Thanks for the game it rocks.
nimto

cr00cy
01-18-2017, 04:46 AM
Nice to see donation option. Too bad i wont be able to throw any cash on this game anytime soon :(

Well, one thing i concerned about is showing players total donation. Like Jackybah said, it can lead to negatove emotions between players who didnt donate (or donate a little) and teh ones who donated a lot. And, as stupid as this sounds, if players who threw a lot of money on game will eb doing very good in-game, tehre will be people who will say its because they paid. And that you ahve to pay a lot to do anything.

I know its sound ssupid, and ridiculus, but this is MMO we talking about. There always will be whiners who will look for anything to to whine about.

So i suggest to hide this "Total Donation" part on palyers statistick. It might be changed to be visable in profile of palyer, and/or only if player set is as visable. Just dont make it "public" like its now.

Hood
01-18-2017, 05:41 AM
This small community doesn't need to read my point-of-view on every issue. And likewise, my opinion is of no more value and the same value as everyone else's. I only say this beforehand because I've been posting alot lately. What can I say? I've been bored IRL and have been very entertained by the new forum's functions.

I'm replying to this thread, because I also believe that the direction it's going is an important direction.

Currently, when donating it is possible to make an Anonymous donation. On the front page of the forum, your name is then hidden. The contribution is also hidden from your Avatar+Forum Info on every post on the forum. So the functionality is there, but yes, it's impossible to hide this info from your those who view your posts.

I agree completely that it shouldn't be displayed on every thread post or even on public profile info, but I honestly have no preference whether donators on the front forum page are visible or not.

Please keep in mind that the large majority of donators will have good intentions behind their donation instead of selfish ones. Accordingly, the large majority of those who do not donate also have the same good intentions and are equally important members of the community.

jackybah
01-18-2017, 07:38 AM
Sorry to comment once more. I just noticed another point.

the Green Donate link is only visible if you are logged into the Forums. I realize that (for players to be logged into the forum) is what the Dev's probably really want. Since they desire for a positive and active Forum community. But I'd like to point out that still probably a mayority of the player base will come to the website without being logged in. And thus they would not even see the Donations link, and thus wouldnt be tempted to do that. (All they would see is the game shop with the 75$ to 1.000 $ perks. And possibly have very wrong conclusions)

Kind regards Jacky

Easylivin
01-18-2017, 11:15 AM
Is there a way to upgrade a pledge made on indigogo kickstarter? I'm not asking for myself but I know this has come up a few times in chat.

I'm curious about this

Crissa
01-18-2017, 05:52 PM
I'm hoping that there will be a horse-class option or something ^-^

Concenaros
01-18-2017, 07:56 PM
I'm interested as to how we'll be able to track the money we've already donated through other means, as well.

I have no problem donating to Gorgon as my experience with the game has been nothing but positive but it'd be nice to know also how those donations count towards the upcoming Steam release.

If anything I said has already been answered somewhere else, please let me know.

Silvonis
01-19-2017, 11:36 AM
Responding to the questions as to whether there is a way to upgrade your previous contribution in order to update your reward tier: there is not an automatic way to do so, but you can email support@projectgorgon.com to discuss what you were thinking about doing. We don't plan on offering a lay-a-way option (paying $x amount until you reach the reward threshold).

Strider
01-22-2017, 02:53 PM
If i buy 2 differant packages in the gorgon shop on this forum account, will I get 2 differant steam digital accounts/alpha/beta keys or would I need to create a 2nd forum account and buy the 2 packages with seperate forum accounts?

eikona
01-24-2017, 05:18 AM
Oh cool. I only very recently discovered this game so was wondering if we'd be able to support it despite having missed the indiegogo and kickstarters. My husband and I would like to buy the $500 package for each of us, but medical bills have nuked our finances so we won't be able to responsibly do so until March. Will we be able to pick up lesser packages now and upgrade later? Will the store remain open indefinitely?

XandraBee
01-25-2017, 03:27 PM
If i buy 2 differant packages in the gorgon shop on this forum account, will I get 2 differant steam digital accounts/alpha/beta keys or would I need to create a 2nd forum account and buy the 2 packages with seperate forum accounts?

I'd like to know as well. Looking at buying 2 horseriders for me and my husband but I'd like to make it a surprise gift.

Bakau
01-27-2017, 07:14 PM
I just bought one of the patron packages. 2 Questions:

1. Will I get any code that will be linked to setam?
2. I can not see my name in Donations or is that just thru the donations button?

Hood
01-28-2017, 06:36 AM
I just bought one of the patron packages. 2 Questions:

1. Will I get any code that will be linked to setam?
2. I can not see my name in Donations or is that just thru the donations button?

1. Yes, when the game launches on Steam youll get one in your email.
2. The donations window probably does not update immediately and requires an hour or a day to display new payments.