PDA

View Full Version : UI/Settings Profiles

Crissa
12-04-2017, 07:06 PM
I play on various setups, from a laptop to a big 4K screen to a standard 1080...

...Usually I can play various machines to do this, but it would be really helpful if I could save some of this profile data on the server. If I change my keys on one machine, I have to then change my keys on the other machine.

And if I change screen sizes, I have to change all the fonts and icon size and positioning.

Is there some way I can make this take less time? In WoW I just wrote addons to do this. (And then later adopted others'; I published the first 'tv safe' addon in 2006 for instance).

If the graphical settings are in a file, I can move it... But if it's the same one the keys are in, ergh.

Any help? ^-^

-Crissa

PS, I had published on the forum my script to pull password from keychain... I don't know if it's still up. Still works, tho ^-^

Tagamogi
12-04-2017, 08:28 PM
Well, the settings are in a text file (GorgonConfig.txt) , so you could theoretically write a script to edit the text file as needed. :p But yes, ugh. I don't know if they plan to split the config file into machine-specific and account-specific later on.

Crissa
12-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Anyone know where that file is on a Mac? I have clearly forgotten.

Tagamogi
12-07-2017, 12:41 PM
I have never been near a Mac, but it should be somewhere under your personal home or users directory if you want to narrow down which areas to search. It's not with the game installation files. Sorry that's not too helpful - hopefully someone else can give you the exact location.

Citan
12-07-2017, 01:09 PM
On the mac it should be under ~/Library/Application Support/Elder Game/Project Gorgon/GorgonConfig.txt . And yeah, all configuration settings are in the same file. And also... if you're planning to edit that file, note that tabs are mandatory separators; spaces won't work. I don't remember why I chose that setup five years ago but I presume there was a good reason!

Crissa
12-07-2017, 09:57 PM
Citan, tagamogi
Thanks!