PDA

View Full Version : New Launcher Re-downloading whole client?

Drakaiser
12-03-2017, 07:06 AM
Hi all,

Only started playing the other day and thoroughly enjoying so far however today I was prompted to download a new launcher. Clicked the button and downloaded the new launcher, extracted over the old one and thought all was good. Went to log-in to play and I now have roughly a 3.4gb download... now unless I am missing something it was just a new launcher, scans the old files and then downloads any if needed. Pretty sure it doesn't need the whole client again surely? :(

Feral
12-03-2017, 07:12 AM
Hi all,

Only started playing the other day and thoroughly enjoying so far however today I was prompted to download a new launcher. Clicked the button and downloaded the new launcher, extracted over the old one and thought all was good. Went to log-in to play and I now have roughly a 3.4gb download... now unless I am missing something it was just a new launcher, scans the old files and then downloads any if needed. Pretty sure it doesn't need the whole client again surely? :(

Same. Did not expect to download entire client and wonder if this is a bug.

Erthiel
12-03-2017, 07:49 AM
Not a bug, the launcher changed, that is true, but there was an update to the game as well. The new UI is live.

Drakaiser
12-03-2017, 07:56 AM
Ahh right, I did see about the UI change but couldn't find any link between it and the launcher... Still the UI wouldn't be a whole game client download again though.

Niph
12-03-2017, 08:02 AM
It would be in any software I ever wrote. :)

Hanniki
12-03-2017, 08:42 AM
After a short download mine says app.info missing and I can't play : (

Aionlasting
12-03-2017, 09:07 AM
I'm currently downloading a new update after I patched the launcher and will let you all know if I have any issues. As a side note, I was not a player who tested out the UI so I never downloaded any extra patches while the UI was being tested. Not sure if that is the problem but its worth a mention incase something happens to my game.

I did not test out the UI patches mostly because my internet is slow where I live. We only get 15mbps. :/

Hanniki
12-03-2017, 09:09 AM
Same as me. Slow internet, never tried new UI

Sheawanna
12-03-2017, 09:48 AM
After downloading new launcher mine say app.info missing .

Sheawanna
12-03-2017, 09:51 AM
okay its working now :)

Celedor
12-04-2017, 11:53 AM
Same as me. Slow internet, never tried new UI

It was slightly frustrating to have to do this on a Sunday. Slow internet connection too. I woke up looking forward to playing some PG during the day, but it took me over 8 hours to download the update.

On the other hand, with the computer tied up, I had to do some Christmas decorating. Which needed to be done. So my wife was happy :)

Drakaiser
12-04-2017, 02:03 PM
As much as I am loving this game currently, they seriously need to sort our their updates/update system. Two days since an update and I've now got another 1.3gb one to do just for 'fixes'... a third of the original game client.

Crissa
12-04-2017, 07:07 PM
They're modifying the client heavily right now.

It might be a point for them to break the files apart, but... Well, Alpha.