PDA

View Full Version : Trouble logging in to Wiki and reset password there doesnt seem to work

jackybah
11-23-2017, 02:54 PM
Hey all,

I have tried yesterday night and tonight to reset my password for both the Forum and the Wiki.
For the Forum I was successful, but my reset for the Wiki did not work. I never received a mail after clicking the 'reset' button.

When viewing the Wiki's recent changes I also noticed 3 people creating Wiki accounts but no other changes on the wiki.

Are more people having trouble with the Wiki ?

Kind regards
Jack

BetaNotus
11-23-2017, 06:50 PM
I'm not aware of other people having trouble with the Wiki, but I've started to look into it.

Your account on the forum and your account on the wiki are separate. This split happened late March, and all previous users either needed to have their password reset, or create a new account. Your last edit was in August, so clearly that isn't the issue here. It looks like the wiki successfully sent you a password email reset at some point over the past 24 hours, and if you use a gmail account, it probably went into spam. I would check that. I also sent you a brief message through the wiki's mail system. Whichever account of yours it arrived at is where the password reset email went (this is assuming you may have more than one email address).

jackybah
11-24-2017, 12:34 AM
Hello Beta

Thanks for looking into it.

It sure feels a little weird; I did receive the two mails regarding my Forum-password-reset . But so far no mails regarding the Wiki reset;
I still have the mail from last March. but none from the PG Wiki after that date. (So also your brief message hasnt arrived)

I now also double checked my spam folder on the account, but did not see anything. I did tweak a little now regarding my 'spam' recognition. But I don't really feel that should be the cause of mails mysteriously disappearing :-)

as a FYI, I do not use a gmail account, but a separate mailaccount from my ISP. The mailaddress for the Forum account and the Wiki account is the same one.

kind regards
Jack

jackybah
01-25-2018, 03:13 PM
Just wanted to let you know, that after creating a new account Jackybah2 , the system won't send me a Confirmation email.

When changing my email-address in the wiki is says.
Unknown error in PHP's mail() function.

Unknown error in PHP's mail() function.

when Clicking on the Resend Confirmation the system says
Project: Gorgon Wiki could not send your confirmation mail. Please check your email address for invalid characters.
Mailer returned: Unknown error in PHP's mail() function.

I have no problems using the two email-addresses I used for the wiki account

Kind regards