PDA

View Full Version : New Posts Only, not threads

Greyfyn
01-16-2017, 09:58 PM
When I click the New Posts button, I get a list of threads where new posts have happened. It was much more convenient on the old forum to just get the new posts, regardless of where the poster decided to post them. Looking at the list of "new posts" and realizing I have to sort through each thread to get to the NEW one...it's really annoying. I've heard some others grumbling about this, but now I get what they're saying. On a big post day--this is a lot of undesirable effort.

So this is a picture of what I see when I hit the "New Post" button. That's threads with new posts in them--it's not the same thing!

http://i.imgur.com/bzXNnq8.png

If I could click on the "Last Post" for the threads, that would work. Right now it's not interactive. Or if the posts just came in a chronological pile and I could read just those posts, that would work. Maybe there's a way to personally configure how it appears, but I don't see it. There are probably other solutions. For comparison, the old forum worked great in this way.

I can hear you grumbling about my grumbling, Silvonis. But if you want better forum usage, this one is probably key.

Hood
01-16-2017, 10:13 PM
I agree. This would be perfect.

Silvonis
01-16-2017, 11:59 PM
If I could click on the "Last Post" for the threads, that would work..

You can already do that. The blue arrow (see your image) is a clickable feature that takes you to the 'Last Post'.

Extractum11
01-17-2017, 12:03 AM
You can already do that. The blue arrow (see your image) is a clickable feature that takes you to the 'Last Post'.
About half the time I click it, it takes me PAST the first new post and I have to scroll up to read from the point where I left off. At first I thought I was just being very forgetful, but now it's happened too much to be bad memory.

Hood
01-17-2017, 01:16 AM

Right, but there's no way to see a refreshable list of every post made to the forum sorted from most recent to oldest. Like the widget that is visible on the PG Home page, but with more posts visible. A "Most Recent Posts" page.

Silvonis
01-17-2017, 09:00 AM
The 'Last Post' arrow takes you to the last post, not the last post that you read. The 'Last Post' link shows you the threads with new posts, and changing would require a custom coded solution and it really comes down to a preference on how that information is displayed. As it currently stands, there are no immediate plans for that to change.

Extractum11
01-17-2017, 12:53 PM
Oh, sorry, I didn't your quoted post fully. I'm not talking about the Last Post arrow. To the left of every unread thread title there is a downwards-facing arrow that says "Go to first new post" when hovered over. This is the one that doesn't work properly.

http://i.imgur.com/VN0y3Nz.png

Hood
01-17-2017, 01:25 PM
Oh, sorry, I didn't your quoted post fully. I'm not talking about the Last Post arrow. To the left of every unread thread title there is a downwards-facing arrow that says "Go to first new post" when hovered over. This is the one that doesn't work properly. IMAGE

Ooo, That'll definitely work